This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fable 2 is no longer available on Games on Demand, even for those who bought it

#81SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:51:05 PM
Winternova posted...
Never mind, it was just "Episode 1" of the 5 episode version they released.

Yeah, I tried again and it definitely doesn't work.

walnut100 posted...
I really doubt this is a permanent thing

The same thing happened with Doom and it came back eventually

Really blows for people who don't have the disc version of the game though. Digital Distribution is spotty in some ways, but Microsoft seems especially bad at it

According to the MS rep I contacted today, it's definitely permanent. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come. I just cant imagine why they would remove it.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#82Silent Sniper IVPosted 11/30/2012 5:51:56 PM
zyxomma100 posted...
See, the thing is, I consider GMG to be decent, but only because they offer Steam keys. So basically, they're Steam to me. Of the others, I consider only GOG to be good, and in fact they're the best because they offer DRM free downloads in such a way that even if they were to go down tomorrow, I would be able to access my purchases indefinitely.

There are a few more, but they are absolutely awful. Basically, I've only found Steam and GOG to be worth my time.

Amazon is pretty great, allowing you to download directly as well as giving steam keys for games that use them. Gamersgate, gamefly and GMG are good, but I only use them for steam keys typically because I don't trust them to stick around.
---
"Nerd" and "gamer" have become the ultimate consumerist identity. Completely devoid of values outside of consumption without reflection.
#83SoF-RamboPosted 11/30/2012 6:00:48 PM
Why would you buy it on the Marketplace for $20-$50 when you could get it at GameStop for .99?
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#84BreakerPosted 11/30/2012 6:01:18 PM
Exactly why I don't download stuff. When they quit release games retail I plan on quitting as well.
---
This is the way the world ends.
#85siberian142Posted 11/30/2012 6:05:06 PM
If this is true, it's disappointing how companies are handling digital distribution. I hadn't had a problem with Microsoft's service before, but being able to restrict access almost entirely to somebody who purchased your product sounds like a pretty jerk move and something to be wary about when deciding to go digital on a 360. I dislike that Nintendo doesn't have any account system and that losing or breaking your 3DS might cause you to lose your downloaded games. I haven't had a problem with Sony. I like where they're going with the digital downloads. They did something similar when they removed Fate/Unlimited Codes from the PSN, but they at least allowed people who bought it to redownload it.

I recongize the negatives of this type of service, but I also see the positives and like what it brings to the table (multiple games on handhelds and consoles, clears up on clutter, you can't lose a digital copy). It's too bad that not many get it right.
#86CammyApplePosted 11/30/2012 6:08:25 PM
Before everyone loses their mind (too late) has anyone looked in to why it was removed? Could it have been something out side of Microsoft's control?
#87Ginsu VictimPosted 11/30/2012 6:08:57 PM
siberian142 posted...
you can't lose a digital copy

Unless you deleted Fable II expecting to be able to download it again.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#88lostnumberwarPosted 11/30/2012 6:36:16 PM
Akiba69 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Any topic about Fable just ends up in people who don't like it bashing the hell out of it.
No matter if it has anything to do with the actual game or not.

This saddens me.

Good! As they should! The people involved in that game should feel ashamed that they ruined Fable the way they did. It is great that everyone voices their disdain for the games that ruined the series.

Hey akiba where the hell is that Spelunky code you promised me in exchange for The Maw.
How about you feel ashamed for ripping me off.
---
And now for something completely the same.
#89lostnumberwarPosted 11/30/2012 6:38:44 PM
CammyApple posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Akiba69 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Any topic about Fable just ends up in people who don't like it bashing the hell out of it.
No matter if it has anything to do with the actual game or not.

This saddens me.

Good! As they should! The people involved in that game should feel ashamed that they ruined Fable the way they did. It is great that everyone voices their disdain for the games that ruined the series.

Does trolling ever get boring for you?

He has to do something when he's not scamming points and codes.

Thanks CammyApple I was one of the ones he ripped off.
---
And now for something completely the same.
#90MikeGnzPosted 11/30/2012 6:46:31 PM
I'd like to point out that while Steam, another digital distribution service, does remove games from their market from time to time, you can always redownload and install it from your library. As far as it seems, Games on Demand seems to be the only DD service that doesn't let you redownload games it no longer sells.
---
Tails > Everything. Most. Opinion. Ever.