This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fable 2 is no longer available on Games on Demand, even for those who bought it

#91CammyApplePosted 11/30/2012 6:48:10 PM
lostnumberwar posted...
CammyApple posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Akiba69 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Any topic about Fable just ends up in people who don't like it bashing the hell out of it.
No matter if it has anything to do with the actual game or not.

This saddens me.

Good! As they should! The people involved in that game should feel ashamed that they ruined Fable the way they did. It is great that everyone voices their disdain for the games that ruined the series.

Does trolling ever get boring for you?

He has to do something when he's not scamming points and codes.

Thanks CammyApple I was one of the ones he ripped off.

he got more with some elder scolls scam. At least one with a bf3 scam.
#92siberian142Posted 11/30/2012 6:58:36 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
siberian142 posted...
you can't lose a digital copy

Unless you deleted Fable II expecting to be able to download it again.

True, but I was referring to how digital downloads are typically ran and the benefits of it. Microsoft apparently deviated from the norm by removing it completely and if it's not rectified by giving those who downloaded it a refund without requiring the customer to contact them personally or by allowing people who bought it the ability to download it again, Xbox Live will look like a pretty horrible digital distributer. Even if they do, the fact that they presumably didn't inform people or even their own customer support reps of its removal makes them look unprofessional.
#93toolittletimePosted 11/30/2012 7:06:57 PM
Way to go MS, this goes totally against many forecast that someday all games will be downloadable.
For that to work buyers have to have confidence the property will be available for a very long time.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#94Vyse_skiesPosted 11/30/2012 7:19:02 PM(edited)
Is that even legal? If you purchase something it's yours. The fact that Microsoft have taken it off and forbidding owners a chance to download it again is wrong because it's like they're stealing money from customers but not providing them with the item the customer purchased.

This has me questioning whether I'll purchase another Arcade title now. Oh, my, Microsoft, you've just opened a can of bad worms. People are not going to forget this.

---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only. I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.
#95dragon504Posted 11/30/2012 7:24:39 PM
Even though the game is pretty mediocre, that still sucks. It sets a bad precedent.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/dragon_50469/myguns2-1.jpg
#96siberian142Posted 11/30/2012 7:25:33 PM
Vyse_skies posted...
Is that even legal? If you purchase something it's yours. The fact that Microsoft have taken it off and forbidding owners a chance to download it again is wrong because it's like they're stealing money from customers but not providing them with the item the customer purchased.

This has me questioning whether I'll purchase another Arcade title now. Oh, my, Microsoft, you've just opened a can of bad worms. People are not going to forget this.

I am sure their terms and conditions is set up carefully to allow them to do whatever they want.
#97Vyse_skiesPosted 11/30/2012 7:30:43 PM
siberian142 posted...
Vyse_skies posted...

I am sure their terms and conditions is set up carefully to allow them to do whatever they want.

I doubt their terms and conditions state that they are allowed to refuse a customer the rights to their own owned purchases.
---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only. I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.
#98CorneliusNeposPosted 11/30/2012 7:38:28 PM
This is exactly the reason why I've never downloaded anything and shall never start. This is just another example of how, unless you own an actual physical copy, you don't truly own it.
#99SoincMetalPosted 11/30/2012 7:38:28 PM
Yea i pretty sure there's something in the ToS that tells if you can own something digital or not. Something they'd probably pull. I mean even i don't buy into the whole "owning" Internet based content. I feel like i just have access to it.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#100Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 11/30/2012 7:47:06 PM(edited)

If I rent a game from Blockbuster or something like that, use it once, then return it... can I go back and take it again, with no cost, any time I want?

Also, they have not opened any kind of can. This is not the first title that has been removed from the catalog (though to my knowledge, it is the first that was also removed from the download history making it entirely unobtainable). It is rare, and never just done for arbitrary reasons. These things are done for various reasons. Just because they didn't tell us doesn't mean they didn't have one. Microsoft wouldn't do something, especially something like this, just to piss people off. That doesn't even make sense. And ultimately, unfortunately, they don't have to tell us diddly squat about why they did it.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers