This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are these games?

#1Damon PlusPosted 11/30/2012 7:05:11 PM
I've found some not quite known games but I want to know which ones are worth playing:

-Nier (I'm specially interested in this one, very mixed opinions and it doesn't seem too great)
-Ninja Blade
-Sherlock Holmes (the Jack the ripper one)
---
Step back! This is my blast shot!
#2SunDevil77Posted 11/30/2012 7:12:28 PM
Get Nier. Now.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#3Vyse_skiesPosted 11/30/2012 7:14:04 PM
I wanna play that Jack the Ripper game, looks interesting.
---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only. I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.
#4RycerXPosted 11/30/2012 8:21:35 PM
Nier is a unique game, either you love it or hate it. Give it a chance at least. I know some people think it's hipster elitist talk or whatever, but Nier is one of those games that prove video games can be a legitimate artistic medium.

Ninja Blade is not very good. It's an okay rental with really easy achievements, but one of the worst hack 'n slashers to come out of this generation. It's too bad, I was excited for that game, thought it would be sort of a throwback to Shinobi on the PS2. If I were to llist my top 10 most disappointing 360 games, Ninja Blade would probably be one of them.
#5MonkeyFridayPosted 11/30/2012 8:27:11 PM
Nier is awesome.... >_> But the music, although being good, gets repetitive after a while.
---
Member of TBWNN.
#6TrueFinalePosted 11/30/2012 10:08:55 PM
Nier is worth playing for the soundtrack and storyline alone. For achievement completionists, it's a chore at some extent.
---
If everyone's opinion & values are the same, the human world would be 'perfect' and at peace.
~ I need to return some DVDs
#7blackhrtPosted 12/2/2012 10:55:45 AM
Ninja Blade has a sequel so play that one.

Nier....I couldn't bring myself around to play it even after seeing photos and some video. And I will pick up different types of games a lot. Maybe its the randomness is too much or certain things are too heavy handed. There are just better options out there.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#8En Sabah NurPosted 12/2/2012 11:15:18 AM
Nier is a cool game with a weird and interesting story, but you can also tell it is not a high budget game and it doesn't look that great or play exceptionally well. I'm not saying it's bad by any means, but I'm saying it's something that a lot of JRPG fanboys will tell you is the second coming and it's really just another game. Watch some videos and see if it's your kinda thing.

Ninja Blade is good for a low price. Like 10 bucks or so. It isn't bad, and it isn't great either. It has a few cool mechanics but overall it's decent fighting with a TON of quicktime events.

I can't comment on Sherlock Holmes.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#9XenobowPosted 12/2/2012 11:31:04 AM
Nier:

+ Soundtrack
+ Story
- Graphics

Good Game!
---
Lost Odyssey
#10wild09Posted 12/2/2012 11:37:20 AM
Nier is one of my all time favorite games. Like some said it's a love it or hate it game. If you're a gamer that enjoys a good story and doesn't mind a middle aged protagonist who only cares about his daughter (you'd be surprised at how many people turned away from this game because of this!) then you'll most likely enjoy it. Other than that, apparently I'm the only person who really enjoyed the gameplay (even those that love the game seem to think it's sub-par) however I think it's pretty fast paced. Other than looking forward to the amazing story, this game also contains one of the greatest soundtracks ever composed. Also while the game doesn't really have the greatest graphics, but the game tries to compensate by having some pretty unique enemy design. The only problem is that this unique enemy design doesn't really vary much so it gets old. So play for the amazing story and soundtrack.

I haven't played Ninja Blade so I really can't comment about it.

As for Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper. I haven't played it. However I did play Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened which is made by the same company and received similar review scores and I can say it was quite good. For some reason I can't see a Sherlock Holmes game about Jack the Ripper being nearly as interesting as Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened, but that's just my opinion.
---
Awesome games I've never finished: Vampire:
The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Black Sigil, 999 (True ending), Nier (all endings besides A)