This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are your thoughts on the Gaming Community?

#1TravarkothPosted 12/1/2012 10:51:15 AM
Just read this:

http://maxlevel.org/the-gaming-community-no-longer-a-community/

And I'm curious about everyone's opinion on the Gaming Community now. What do you think is wrong with it?

Gamer entitlement? XD
---
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-- Paarthurnax --
#2Illumi_KnightPosted 12/1/2012 11:02:44 AM
I agree with the article 100%
You have to look at things from an outside point of view.
#3Vivi0198Posted 12/1/2012 11:07:28 AM
The internet is the problem.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#4SunDevil77Posted 12/1/2012 11:08:55 AM
I'm at work, so I can't read the article yet. But I would definitely say that entitlement is the plague of the community.

When people can honestly say Halo 4 is a bad game, there's something wrong.

Maybe it's not for you, maybe you don't like FPS' and maybe it doesn't measure up to the previous games. Hell, you can even call it a "rehash" if you want to (trust me it pains me to even look at that word). But a bad game? How?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#5mtjormitchPosted 12/1/2012 11:22:15 AM
Considering most of the entitlement stuff is caused by developers literally failing at giving us what we want I don't find it to be a problem.

Now the bad eggs and console war jerks ARE the worst.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#6Hales69Posted 12/1/2012 11:53:37 AM
Entitlement is definitely an issue. Gamers who feel that every game should be tailor made for them and then come on the Internet to whine incessantly about it if a developer has the tumerity to put a feature/character/game mode they don't like into a game really rub me up the wrong way. If you don't like something, fair enough but endlessly complaining about it and having a go at people that do like what you dont(calling them a troll, for example) is pointless.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember, gaming can be one of the most immersive, wondrous past times a person can engage in. Surely, rather than moaning about how they 'changed Dante's hair' or some such thing, people should be playing the games they enjoy, ingnoring the ones they don't and understanding that one man's junk is another man's treasure.
---
I have a man crush on Charlie Brooker!
#7darkharePosted 12/1/2012 12:07:05 PM(edited)
i think the main issue is that the internet brings everyone that enjoys gaming together, but the individual gamer has no real repercussions for their actions, animinity is to heavily celebrated giving people with no sense of moraltity (the overwhelming majority apparently) and excuse/reason to grief others. in my opinion, the idea of making the majority of games online so people can play together has failed. we need to get back to basics.

---
before i was born i didnt mind death, why would i mind death after living life?
#8Arucard05Posted 12/1/2012 12:09:11 PM

Maybe it's not for you, maybe you don't like FPS' and maybe it doesn't measure up to the previous games. Hell, you can even call it a "rehash" if you want to (trust me it pains me to even look at that word). But a bad game? How?

Opinions. I'm pretty annoyed by this whole idea that we have to soften our opinions with "But I recognize that because everyone feels a certain way that that is the 'truth', and my opinion is irrelevant."

Maybe some people truly feel Halo 4 is a bad game. It happens.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#9Robin_MaskPosted 12/1/2012 12:15:24 PM
Arucard05 posted...

Opinions. I'm pretty annoyed by this whole idea that we have to soften our opinions with "But I recognize that because everyone feels a certain way that that is the 'truth', and my opinion is irrelevant."

It's gotten to the point where everyone's opinions are correct. I love playing Black Ops II, but there are some problems with it. But I love the setting and the online gameplay. I do love the Halo series, but I just don't like the new maps at all and the gameplay has always seemed slow to me. But I have played it at a friend's house and it is a better game, just not for me.

People just don't like to understand the difference between "critical acclaim" and "personal opinion", it's like calling "Tron: Evolution" THE BEST MOVIE EVER and straight out bash "The Godfather" because there is hardly any sort of violence or action.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#10Vivi0198Posted 12/1/2012 2:00:54 PM

But Halo 4 is not a bad game. I'll be the first to admit I hate the games they just don't do anything for me but I can clearly see they aren't bad games.

There is a difference.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.