This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are your thoughts on the Gaming Community?

#31WinternovaPosted 12/2/2012 9:13:48 AM
Arucard05 posted...
People's opinions do not matter when it's an objective test. On a technical level, the game is OBJECTIVELY bad. Your argument is a complete non sequitur.

Anyway, how is your sex life?

It's great when my wife's not at work, which she was last night. She's an RN and enjoys the third shift...she's always worked it as long as I've known her.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#32dannyaqPosted 12/2/2012 9:28:37 AM
that article sucks. I had several NES games I never beat cause they were too hard. I never do that now. I think most people were like this since in the past gamers were practically all kids. and cause games had limited save functionality. and wtf with linking pictures in the middle of the text? if you want to put in funny gif images, put them in the article, don't make me click links. i kept clicking them thinking they would be links further detailing what exactly he was refering to. thats what most people do then they include linked text in the middle of an article, you know as a way to cite sources.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#33CammyApplePosted 12/2/2012 9:30:43 AM
Vivi0198 posted...
The internet is the problem.

this is the simplest accurate answer.
#34KOTRwhoopsPosted 12/2/2012 9:31:09 AM
Good article. In fact I've seen the community deteriorate with my very eyes, GameFAQs was a much better place to be when I joined the site 11 years ago. The bickering, trolling and general moaning is off the scale in some boards. I find the best way to deal with this is to ignore it, which can prove hard.

The one thing I can't stand is the number of people who don't have any form of understanding why something they don't like is good to others. IMO it makes that person narrow minded and ultimately a simple being that can't see beyond their own arrogant, warped view.

If anybody mindlessly slags off a game or console with no reasoning or desire to promote discussion, they either go on my ignore list or I just ignore any of their posts.

11 years ago this did exist but certainly not on the scale it is today.

(IMO)
---
PLAYING - Far Cry 3 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#35DJNfinityPosted 12/2/2012 11:19:27 AM
Honestly, the gaming community is what drove me away from Xbox. It's not even as much the online game community as those that walk around gaming stores. I'm tired of the machismo/superiority complex they all seem to have (namely the Xbox-only fans). Nintendo and Sony are getting just as bad, having to be on the defense all the time. it's hard for anyone to just enjoy gaming for what it is anymore.
---
Nostalgia-~-[+..oo]
#36SunDevil77Posted 12/2/2012 11:27:41 AM
DJNfinity posted...
Honestly, the gaming community is what drove me away from Xbox. It's not even as much the online game community as those that walk around gaming stores. I'm tired of the machismo/superiority complex they all seem to have (namely the Xbox-only fans). Nintendo and Sony are getting just as bad, having to be on the defense all the time. it's hard for anyone to just enjoy gaming for what it is anymore.

Getting just as bad?
Nintendo Fanboys, Sony Fanboys, Microsoft Fanboys, and PC elitists have always been around the same level of awful, imo.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#37schmittycent2Posted 12/2/2012 11:34:11 AM
The gaming community now is a joke, online mostly people try to make other players miserable. I remember on the ps2 when it got online people were respectful and hardly tried to screw people over they were playing to have fun just like everyone else.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#38majinbuu58Posted 12/2/2012 11:37:10 AM
I think it's getting much worse. I rarely ever put on my headset when i'm online anymore, but back in the day, I would never play online without it. My friends list is made up entirely of people I played with on Halo 2, SC: Chaos Theory, Gears of War 1, Test Drive Unlimited, etc...

Just seems like everyone just wants to hate on people these days.
---
"Bruce Wayne is the sort of guy who eats his broccoli, and eats it raw." -CatAtomic999