This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2012 shooter of the year (poll)

#31SunDevil77Posted 12/2/2012 8:56:21 PM
Yes.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/halo-4/critic-reviews?dist=negative

^ This is the ONE negative review. One.
It has 80 positive reviews.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#32bladegash666Posted 12/2/2012 8:58:48 PM
So why is it still lower than Reach? I don't get it. Reach is an inferior game.
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
#33JKSonicPosted 12/2/2012 9:00:44 PM
Gotta say, Borderlands 2 is so vastly different than the others it shouldn't really be included in the "shooters".

For me though either Halo 4 of Spec Ops.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#34CGB_SpenderPosted 12/2/2012 9:09:01 PM
It's sad to see The Darkness 2 get no love. Digital Extremes did such a great job with the game.
---
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2210/4016647774_8f8d4e0212.jpg
#35SunDevil77Posted 12/2/2012 9:21:13 PM
bladegash666 posted...

Because metacritic is an awful source for anything.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#36CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 5:55:42 AM(edited)
Dillon360 posted...
TC. Your 2 favorite shooters are Binary Domain and The Darkness 2?

I love you!

Thank you for being different and not saying Black Ops 2 and Halo 4 like I know 80% of this website will vote for!

Anyways, I agree with you. Binary Domain is awesome! Shooting robots is so damn satisfying! Plus I really enjoyed the story.

That's my pick. Then Max Payne 3. Then The Darkness 2.

Lol, thanks.

Yeah, I think they're both overlooked games. Even Max Payne 3 is to a certain extent.

It kind of hurts that TD2 didn't even manage to scrounge up one vote when Syndicate did. It's a really fun game even if it's criminally short. Best humor I've seen in a game since Portal 2, unique gameplay mechanics, cel-shaded visuals, original stages (e.g. I loved storming your own mansion, exploring the "abandoned" fairgrounds, and visiting the asylum). It's a shame it doesn't get more love.

SunDevil77 posted...
bladegash666 posted...

Because metacritic is an awful source for anything.

I don't know. I don't think any one outlier review is going to pull a game's average down that much, especially not when the game is popular and gets a **** ton of counted reviews.

I think Metacritic is a pretty good source if you want to know about the quality of a game, even if you don't personally end up agreeing with the average. For instance, if I were on the fence for Dead Space 3 I'd definitely want to know if it were averaging 60 or 90. That would definitely impact whether I bought the game new for $60 or not.
#37grizzmoePosted 12/5/2012 5:56:41 AM
AH88 posted...
Easily Max Payne 3.
---
#38DyingPancakePosted 12/5/2012 7:08:18 AM
CGB_Spender posted...
It's sad to see The Darkness 2 get no love. Digital Extremes did such a great job with the game.

I got it back months ago when it was $12 and it was a decent game, but it becomes a bore after you beat it the first time, and even before then it starts to drag on a bit. There just isn't much going for that game imo.

For this list though I'd go with Black Ops 2. Great campaign with lots of replayability, the multiplayer is probably the best its been in the series, and the new direction for zombies is better. Just a game with a staggering amount of content I think
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2