This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So people diss the dead island game because it was a very hard game?

#1zymmysPosted 12/1/2012 8:14:05 PM
I learn the hard way not to fight everytime i see a zombie. Running away is ok. the game teaches patience
---
Work smarter Not harder
#2Robin_MaskPosted 12/1/2012 8:18:56 PM
Is this one of those lame hipster topics?
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#3MirageMew2Posted 12/1/2012 8:19:53 PM
I've never heard anybody complain about it being hard.. and people loved it.
---
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
NNID: Dope _ Kharisma
#4PwnostarPosted 12/1/2012 8:32:26 PM
Or maybe people "diss" the game because they just didn't like it. That's always a possibility too.
---
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.
#5Splice_Posted 12/1/2012 8:39:17 PM
Pwnostar posted...
Or maybe people "diss" the game because they just didn't like it. That's always a possibility too.

I red boxed it day one... I hit a game ending glitch and didn't feel like restarting. I also encountered a completely seperate glitch at the same time. I made a video: http://youtu.be/7UWakBf8TxY
#6shawnmckPosted 12/1/2012 8:39:47 PM
I've heard people diss the game for a variety of reasons...some legitimate and some petty.
Like some people complained that their game glitched up and never bothered to play anymore...
And then some complained for the stupidest reasons, such as there not being enough guns, or because you couldn't easily kill groups of zombies like you were invincible, or even because the game had you do quests....and other really stupid reasons.
I've even heard some diss this game because the ending was "crappy"...yet they didn't have a problem with the ending of Borderlands.

But yeah, some people just don't like it because the game doesn't appeal to them.
It happens....even to games that score very well in Reviews. Not everyone is going to like every game.
I myself fully enjoyed Dead Island.
Its not a perfect game, but it does more right than wrong, imho.

BTW
I can't wait for Dead Island: Riptide.
#7shawnmckPosted 12/1/2012 8:46:33 PM
I also wanted to comment about something in regards to the glitches...
Yes, this game shipped with bugs & glitches, of which the vast majority of them were encountered by people who played On-line.
Most people who played solo Off-line experienced way fewer glitches.

But the point I wanted to make about the glitches is that I find it being somewhat of a double standard how a game like Fallout: New Vegas can be praised despite its glitches, yet Dead Island gets slammed for its glitches.
I've played Fallout: New Vegas and I experienced major game-breaking bugs on a constant basis...and apparently so did most people.
Yet that game gets excused for its bugs, whereas this game gets none, even though it has fewer bugs & glitches than FO:NV.
Plus, the Developers of DI went to work & released a patch very quickly to remedy most bugs...yet the same can't be said of Fallout: NV, which still is full of bugs despite all the patches & DLC.

I just am disappointed at the double-standard & hypocrisy.
#8Robin_MaskPosted 12/1/2012 8:52:34 PM
shawnmck posted...
I also wanted to comment about something in regards to the glitches...
Yes, this game shipped with bugs & glitches, of which the vast majority of them were encountered by people who played On-line.
Most people who played solo Off-line experienced way fewer glitches.

But the point I wanted to make about the glitches is that I find it being somewhat of a double standard how a game like Fallout: New Vegas can be praised despite its glitches, yet Dead Island gets slammed for its glitches.
I've played Fallout: New Vegas and I experienced major game-breaking bugs on a constant basis...and apparently so did most people.
Yet that game gets excused for its bugs, whereas this game gets none, even though it has fewer bugs & glitches than FO:NV.
Plus, the Developers of DI went to work & released a patch very quickly to remedy most bugs...yet the same can't be said of Fallout: NV, which still is full of bugs despite all the patches & DLC.

I just am disappointed at the double-standard & hypocrisy.

Hey, Mario is to Fallout like Dead Island is to other games when it comes to double-standards.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#9shawnmckPosted 12/1/2012 9:03:25 PM
Robin_Mask posted...

Hey, Mario is to Fallout like Dead Island is to other games when it comes to double-standards.

^ No offense, but WHAT are you talking about ?

Both Fallout: New Vegas and Dead Island shipped with a lot of bugs (FO:NV more so).
Yet Fallout: NV gets a pass, whereas Dead Island doesn't.

How does Mario fit into the equation ?
#10RetroFanGirlPosted 12/1/2012 9:04:49 PM
I thought it was just because it sucked.
---
Only my opinion is valid.
Confirmed by SunDevil77