This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I found the absolute worst achievement ever in a videogame!

#101Lord HeimdallPosted 12/2/2012 3:23:08 PM
It's a shame that developers rely on trophies/achievements to increase game time instead of creating a good (or, rather, addictive) plot or game system...
---
Currently playing: White Knight Chronicles 2, Dragon's Dogma [PS3], Diablo 3 [PC]
#102Gwildor123Posted 12/2/2012 3:32:14 PM
UPDATE: I ended up beating
Complete "Operation 40," "Vorkuta," and "Executive Order" on VETERAN.
---
Gwildor is from the film HE-MAN MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE.
#103The_Mighty_KELPPosted 12/2/2012 4:02:40 PM
Quake 4 has a couple of achievements to get #2 AND #1 on the global leaderboards. Now THAT truly is an achievement. (sucks for the rest of us, though - the current #1 still plays like 6 hours a day to hold on to his title.)
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#104LittleBraverPosted 12/2/2012 5:12:45 PM
DW 7 XL has one to
"Cleared stages over 1000 times"
WTF who is going to play it 1000 times.
#105neverwinter1567Posted 12/2/2012 5:19:44 PM
Arumat808 posted...
One of the worst, I'd say, is Seraphic Gatekeeper on Infinite Undiscovery. Defeat the Ethereal Queen, (the hardest optional boss,) on Infinity Mode, (the hardest possible difficulty), for one achievement point. Yes, just one, single achievement point for defeating the hardest optional boss on the hardest difficulty.

The moment I saw this achievement and its value, I basically said "Nope, game not worth it."
#106neverwinter1567Posted 12/2/2012 5:23:17 PM
blackhrt posted...
BMSirius posted...
This silly "homophobe" accusation aside, it is genuinely pathetic to think that Over the Rainbow is the worst achievement of all time. The only reason one would ever state that is because they are so unnecessarily terrified if anything even remotely gay that they can't stand the idea of doing that easy achievement, and it's a very insecure thing to say.

That said, I wouldn't blame anybody who simply didn't want to do it. It is optional after all. But "not wanting to do it" is a totally different statement than "it is the worst achievement of all time". Let's not sling the "homophobe" title at the wrong people, alright?

Is there some reference that achievement has in that game? a mission it connects to? I only ask because it is an out of place achievement if it stands by itself.

Its completely random. I have no idea why it was placed on the list.
#107neverwinter1567Posted 12/2/2012 5:24:59 PM
koolguy5 posted...
you think six months is bad? what about that calender guy from arkham city?

Easy workaround for that one.
#108zinsindettaPosted 12/2/2012 5:28:04 PM
Lightgamer posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Perfect Light posted...
zinsindetta posted...
No, I just do not want to meet the requirements. You feeling butthurt over that, whoa wait don't answer that.

So, you'd never do anything in a video game you wouldn't do in real life? People like you make me seriously wonder about where logic has gone in our society. Blowing peoples' brains out in video games is fine, but male video game characters KISSING?! NO!!!!

I do what is needed to progress the game pending I enjoy the game to begin with. Over the Rainbow is not needed to advance that game. Something extra you do yourself. You should not wonder about others people logic and maybe worry about your own.

You do what is needed to progress the time. So in other words you dont care about achievements, so why did you go out of your way to post that achievement as the worst in a topic like this?

Its not the worst. Its damn easy. And if it will pad your butt more, invite your gf and make her do it for you or use it as a "hey check this out its funny" gag.

It is the worst in my opinion because Jimmy was a great protagonist and I did not feel I should of been forced to take a 15 year old teenage boy I controlled around kissing other guys. For the achievement they did force it on you which makes it the worst.

You like that stuff, fine, you don't mind that stuff, fine, but others who do not like doing that stuff you got a problem with. Hypocrite much?
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#109JukainPosted 12/2/2012 5:31:10 PM
The five achievements in Avatar: TLA - TBE.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#110F_WolfPosted 12/2/2012 5:37:45 PM
zinsindetta posted...
Lightgamer posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Perfect Light posted...
zinsindetta posted...
No, I just do not want to meet the requirements. You feeling butthurt over that, whoa wait don't answer that.

So, you'd never do anything in a video game you wouldn't do in real life? People like you make me seriously wonder about where logic has gone in our society. Blowing peoples' brains out in video games is fine, but male video game characters KISSING?! NO!!!!

I do what is needed to progress the game pending I enjoy the game to begin with. Over the Rainbow is not needed to advance that game. Something extra you do yourself. You should not wonder about others people logic and maybe worry about your own.

You do what is needed to progress the time. So in other words you dont care about achievements, so why did you go out of your way to post that achievement as the worst in a topic like this?

Its not the worst. Its damn easy. And if it will pad your butt more, invite your gf and make her do it for you or use it as a "hey check this out its funny" gag.

It is the worst in my opinion because Jimmy was a great protagonist and I did not feel I should of been forced to take a 15 year old teenage boy I controlled around kissing other guys. For the achievement they did force it on you which makes it the worst.

You like that stuff, fine, you don't mind that stuff, fine, but others who do not like doing that stuff you got a problem with. Hypocrite much?

What? It would only be hypocritical if he was also so homophobic and out of touch with reality that what a character in does in a video game bothers him so much that it makes it the WORSE ACHIEVEMENT EVER in a video game.

You're the only one here that seems to have problem.