This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I found the absolute worst achievement ever in a videogame!

#81CSchunkyPosted 12/2/2012 1:43:15 PM
electrolyzer posted...
Extremely easy now but before it would of taken years to get all the achieves.

How is it easy now? I have it sitting there, thinking I'll never play it. I may now.

In recent years a series of DLC/add ons for FFXI called Abyessea were added. If you meet certain requirements you can go from I believe level 30 to 99 in roughly 6 hours.

Which sucks, because I started playing it during the first months of the release in the USA, and it took me around a year to get my first lvl 75.

Still miss my BST.....
---
Using Shotgun's, Axes, and Giant Overgrown Antlions for Business and Pleasure since 1980
XBL: Chopsueychunky
#82BMSiriusPosted 12/2/2012 1:46:17 PM
This silly "homophobe" accusation aside, it is genuinely pathetic to think that Over the Rainbow is the worst achievement of all time. The only reason one would ever state that is because they are so unnecessarily terrified if anything even remotely gay that they can't stand the idea of doing that easy achievement, and it's a very insecure thing to say.

That said, I wouldn't blame anybody who simply didn't want to do it. It is optional after all. But "not wanting to do it" is a totally different statement than "it is the worst achievement of all time". Let's not sling the "homophobe" title at the wrong people, alright?
---
White 2 FC: 0476-5597-5681 White FC: 1764-8367-1938.
I love Legendary Pokemon!
#83blackhrtPosted 12/2/2012 1:50:00 PM
BMSirius posted...
This silly "homophobe" accusation aside, it is genuinely pathetic to think that Over the Rainbow is the worst achievement of all time. The only reason one would ever state that is because they are so unnecessarily terrified if anything even remotely gay that they can't stand the idea of doing that easy achievement, and it's a very insecure thing to say.

That said, I wouldn't blame anybody who simply didn't want to do it. It is optional after all. But "not wanting to do it" is a totally different statement than "it is the worst achievement of all time". Let's not sling the "homophobe" title at the wrong people, alright?

Is there some reference that achievement has in that game? a mission it connects to? I only ask because it is an out of place achievement if it stands by itself.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#84ghkilla2012Posted 12/2/2012 1:54:53 PM
Has anyone actually gotten the full 1250 on FFXI without hacking? At one point there were a couple of people who had it but it turned out they had hacked their score to get it
#85Aqua69696Posted 12/2/2012 1:58:35 PM
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Perfect Light posted...
zinsindetta posted...
I do what is needed to progress the game pending I enjoy the game to begin with. Over the Rainbow is not needed to advance that game. Something extra you do yourself. You should not wonder about others people logic and maybe worry about your own.

Try not being such a homophobe, okay? It's not a good quality.

Not wanting to commit a homosexual act in a video game in no way makes you a homophobe.

Yeah, to be fair a lot of people say stuff like "I'm okay with gay relationships in video games so long as they don't shove it down my throat". If you're an achievement whore than this is kinda like shoving it down your throat.

I couldn't care less about trophies/achievements, but I'll never do the gay stuff in games. I bought those games to shoot people, or whatever, not do that.
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#86_Quest_Posted 12/2/2012 2:12:56 PM
Aqua69696 posted...
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Perfect Light posted...
zinsindetta posted...
I do what is needed to progress the game pending I enjoy the game to begin with. Over the Rainbow is not needed to advance that game. Something extra you do yourself. You should not wonder about others people logic and maybe worry about your own.

Try not being such a homophobe, okay? It's not a good quality.

Not wanting to commit a homosexual act in a video game in no way makes you a homophobe.

Yeah, to be fair a lot of people say stuff like "I'm okay with gay relationships in video games so long as they don't shove it down my throat". If you're an achievement whore than this is kinda like shoving it down your throat.

I couldn't care less about trophies/achievements, but I'll never do the gay stuff in games. I bought those games to shoot people, or whatever, not do that.

Then obviously you aren't going to get the achievement. I don't think developers are thinking about "achievement whores" to be honest.
---
Currently Playing: Torchlight II, Pokemon Black 2, Fallen Enchantress, Lego Star Wars Saga, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
#87Fou LuPosted 12/2/2012 2:41:51 PM
Logging into a game once then never doing so again for another 6 months isn't bad.

The worst achievements possible are the random luck ones. We'll use Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood as an example.

Take the lead in the last 10 seconds of a match and win.

The only way you're getting that is if you boost it or you're extremely talented and purposely hold back and hope someone doesn't outscore you when those 10 seconds count down.

Another would be in the game Deepak Chopra's Leela. It's a Kinect game that encourages meditation and peace of mind. Sounds easy right? No. Each mode has an achievement solely made to piss people off. The worst being "No Bad Vibes", where you need to complete a level 5 upwards without hitting any negative energy. Negative energy spawns at random, and has a tendency to spawn right in your path, making it impossible to avoid. The only way to earn it is with pure luck.

Then we can go to Too Human and the achievement for earning random drop gear. Kill monsters until you get an entire set of armor. Random drops, no guarantees at all.

I think those are a lot worse than "Log into the game once then again 6 months later" or "act a certain way in a game".
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#88Grand_BluePosted 12/2/2012 2:45:49 PM
Fou Lu posted...

The worst achievements possible are the random luck ones. We'll use Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood as an example.

Take the lead in the last 10 seconds of a match and win.

The only way you're getting that is if you boost it or you're extremely talented and purposely hold back and hope someone doesn't outscore you when those 10 seconds count down.

I agree, that one took me months until I finally got it. A good method is to play with a bunch of low level noobs, then have poison at least and a smoke bomb would be a good idea. Get a somewhat high score, then don't kill anyone and let the noobs catch up. Let them kill you until you die at least 5 times so you get the 2x loss streak perk. Then in the final 10 seconds, you just need to be lucky. I would throw a strong smoke bomb so nobody distracts your plans by killing you.
#89keyblade_lordPosted 12/2/2012 2:46:46 PM
Trying to get all of the achievements in Persona 4 Arena is impossible. Most fighters have some ridiculously hard achievements.
---
OBJECTION! This Topic Clearly Sucks!
PSN, Steam and Gamertag: Joseponypants
#90DurableDoor024Posted 12/2/2012 2:53:44 PM
AApt24 posted...
Dedication-Crysis 2

Play online six months after you first log in.

Why?

Basically you have an above average shooter that is basically commanding you not to trade it in after your done with it if you want to complete it 100%. Its crytek's way of shooting down used game sales by implying that the only way for you to get the full experience of the game, you have to have it fresh in your mind for SIX MONTHS! Now thats not to say you have to play for six months continuously, but that you actually have to remember that you still have that one achievement to get and you can't get it for a half a year.

Now imagine for a second that you don't want to renew your gold subscription and but it runs out before the timer stops. You can't get it.

And I know what your thinking...."Well numb nuts why don't you just up the calendar six months to get the achievement and be done with it?" The answer is simple. Xbox live updates the clock for you to stop that from happening, so in order to play online to begin with you have to be up to date with their clock to stop that from happening!

So this one gets my vote, and it just so happens I took this game out of the library in order to get the achievement haha.

(In second place is the achievement you get for finishing Fable 3, because having to play that game from start to finish is an absolute chore.)

Just move the date on your xbox 6 months ahead.
---
Need a sig? Why not Zoidberg?