This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm looking for some First Person RPGs

#11Dark_SpiretPosted 12/2/2012 2:44:33 PM
Xlx l0nE x WolF xlX posted...
Sweet, Rage and Far Cry 3 looks promising. But they seem more FPS than RPGs. Can you level up(aka skill tree, skill points, etc) in those games?
Rage, no. rage is a fairly linear full blown fps with some slightly larger levels for vehicle travel. its rpg mechanics comes in its crafting system and vehicle customization which is very light. If you really want an rpg its probably not the one you want to get.

Far Cry 3 however is probably right up your alley. if you liked Dead Island then FC3 is basically that only in singlepayer with FAR more polish, no zombies and a larger world to explore. Its got a crafting system(though pretty shallow), weapon customization and 3 skill trees to go down(of which you earn xp by killing enemies, completing missions, taking over outposts and finding collectables[because they actually give you xp it makes finding them more valuable than just adding up another statistic like in most other games]). Its story is linear, but is entertaining with some great characters and writing. its also really long. if you have ocd and want to collect and do absolutely everything youre looking at 35-40hours if not more and then you have the multiplayer and coop to dive into.

If you want other choices youre going to have to look to pc. Stuff like Deus Ex 1, System Shock 2, STALKER series and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines are exactly what youre looking for.
---
Currently playing: Far Cry 3 - Resident Evil 6 - Anno 2070
#12Xlx l0nE x WolF xlX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:19:10 PM
Does the previous Far Cry (1&2) have the same elements as part 3? Or is part 3 a new attempt at the series?
---
I'm sig-less =(
#13CaIiber345Posted 12/3/2012 6:23:24 PM
Oh, and with Far Cry 3, you don't have to play the others to understand this one. They're separate stories.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
So, what games did you play today?
#14skiguy1981Posted 12/3/2012 8:17:02 PM
bluehat94 posted...
devlkore posted...
I've only played the demo, but isn't Rage set in a massive open world with customisation and stuff?

Kind of, the world isn't massive, and you can choose between multiple ammo types and upgrade your weapons but you can't customize them, also you can craft stuff.

Is the game any good
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#1500rageragePosted 12/3/2012 10:35:20 PM
as I tell everyone, you should get Just Cause 2
---
I HATED Final Fantasy X! People who agree: 1
God save me from your followers
#16Dark_SpiretPosted 12/3/2012 10:47:25 PM
Xlx l0nE x WolF xlX posted...
Does the previous Far Cry (1&2) have the same elements as part 3? Or is part 3 a new attempt at the series?
basically a new attempt. FC1 is a straight forward fps. 2 throws some more adventure elements in it, but nothing that id classify as being rpg-y
---
Currently playing: Far Cry 3 - Resident Evil 6 - Anno 2070
#17IWUPosted 12/4/2012 9:09:53 AM
Ok, the fact that no one has suggested Skyrim makes mind = blown.
---
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
#18dark_shardPosted 12/4/2012 9:14:04 AM
^because it's already in his list.

There is an old game that was something like..Dark Messiah of might and magic I believe. I have no idea how good it was though..
#19pothocketPosted 12/4/2012 9:15:19 AM
IWU posted...
Ok, the fact that no one has suggested Skyrim makes mind = blown.

I know, I'm surprised too that everyone (until you) read and understood that the TC had already played it. Usually people would post that as an auto-response without a second thought.

Hey TC, try Dishonored. Not an RPG but seems like it'll be a game you'll enjoy (based on what you listed).
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#20DoukouPosted 12/4/2012 9:16:02 AM
00ragerage posted...
as I tell everyone, you should get Just Cause 2

It's neither first person or a RPG.
---
Don't read this sig.