This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand why I can't connect with certain people..

#1ZDT_LeaderPosted 12/1/2012 11:42:09 PM
My nat is open. The other persons is. My connection is great. My modem is set to dmz host. I have gold. Everything is perfectly fine.

What's even more confusig is that sometimes it let's me join without a problem.. What gives?
---
Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#2MK_GodPosted 12/1/2012 11:48:27 PM
Happens to me, too. Sometimes it disconnects me from Live completely after failing to join someones game party.
---
@NCrediblyJACK3D
#3ZDT_Leader(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 11:50:44 PM
Microsoft said that they were going to look into it and get back with me somewhere between Wednesday and Friday. In the meantime I'm paying xbox to not be able to play with my friends. Been like this for months. They said they might be able to compensate for the loss though.
---
#4knightimexPosted 12/2/2012 12:45:57 AM
What game?

I think I might know the reason.
one person is running version of game x while another is running game version whatever.

make sure you both have the same version.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#5ZDT_Leader(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 1:32:48 AM
knightimex posted...
What game?

I think I might know the reason.
one person is running version of game x while another is running game version whatever.

make sure you both have the same version.

It's not just games. It's also just joining the party with each other
---
#6HykCraftPosted 12/2/2012 2:33:03 AM
Just because you are set as the DMZ host, doesn't mean you don't have an OPEN NAT.

You need to check that.
#7CapwnDPosted 12/2/2012 2:41:05 AM
Testing as "open" doesn't really mean that it's perfect, and sometimes doing things like making a manual IP address on the 360 itself may be causing the problem..

If you want help, post the modem and router model number. Both the modem, and the router.
---
Thrash Zone
#8ZDT_Leader(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 2:48:15 AM
CaPwnD posted...
Testing as "open" doesn't really mean that it's perfect, and sometimes doing things like making a manual IP address on the 360 itself may be causing the problem..

If you want help, post the modem and router model number. Both the modem, and the router.

my nat is set to open. my modem is also the router. motorola surfboard sbg6580 i believe the model is
---
#9CapwnDPosted 12/2/2012 2:54:06 AM
Modem/router combos generally aren't the best routers but the problem may not be with you. What makes you think the problem is you? Is it perhaps the other guy or guys who are trying to connect?
---
Thrash Zone
#10lostnumberwarPosted 12/2/2012 3:09:01 AM
Not everyone can be your friend.
Just be happy that you can make any kind of connection at all.
Whatever you do don't give up. Keep trying and you will find that special someone who is easy to connect with.
---
And now for something completely the same.