This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand why I can't connect with certain people..

#21ZDT_Leader(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 8:53:19 PM
CaPwnD posted...
I'm just giving possibilities. UPNP has to keep track of both consoles and may not do it as smoothy as it should. Does rebooting help? Might just have to reboot the thing occasionally.

Are you talking about rebooting the system or modem?

Cas I've done both and it has helped maybe.. Once of all the times

And both our systems are wired. And I've been told that having one as a different type won't change anything
---
Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#22CaIiber345Posted 12/2/2012 9:02:50 PM
I have an issue with getting booted out of parties. I've set up everything to run optimally and it still happens. I've searched every article even remotely related to the problem, and still nothing. Some nights it's really bad, other nights it doesn't happen at all.

At this point I'm convinced its Comcast, my Internet and cable provider. They're sketchy at best. When I ordered HD service for my TV, it took 3 techs 3 different visits to finally bring an HD cable box. And when they finally brought the right one, they were six hours late.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
So, what games did you play today?
#23CapwnDPosted 12/2/2012 9:45:28 PM
And both our systems are wired. And I've been told that having one as a different type won't change anything

I'm usually always a proponent for wired. No doubt about it. But there may be some merit to having one as wired and one as wireless. I've heard theories about that. I don't know what else to tell you, modem/router combos generally aren't that good as routers. I would get a tested and approved router (tested with multiple xboxes) from the list:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live

The DGL4500 was great but hard to find now. Probably my favorite one. The DIR655 is ok but I'm having some problems lately myself, I'm now about to try out the Asus RT-N16 using the DDWRT firmware. I've used routers with DDWRT before but not had great success with the multiple xbox thing... hopefully this hardware is better.
---
Thrash Zone
#24ZDT_Leader(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:06:41 AM
CaPwnD posted...

I'm usually always a proponent for wired. No doubt about it. But there may be some merit to having one as wired and one as wireless. I've heard theories about that. I don't know what else to tell you, modem/router combos generally aren't that good as routers. I would get a tested and approved router (tested with multiple xboxes) from the list:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live

The DGL4500 was great but hard to find now. Probably my favorite one. The DIR655 is ok but I'm having some problems lately myself, I'm now about to try out the Asus RT-N16 using the DDWRT firmware. I've used routers with DDWRT before but not had great success with the multiple xbox thing... hopefully this hardware is better.

Like I've said in an earlier post. I already have one that is on the approved list for more than one xbox. And it didn't really change anything.

Now you see why I'm so confused? And my Internet really isn't that bad.. But I really wish I had verizon, but duos isn't available in my area..
---
#25ZDT_Leader(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:50:53 PM
Bump for a possible explanation!
---