This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 720 Graphics

#1PenguinKoalaPosted 12/2/2012 8:24:27 PM
Will the graphics for launch titles be similar in graphics to current end of Xbox 360 Consoles?

How big do you guys think the jump will be from 360 to 720?

WIll it be as big of a difference as the PS1 to the PS2 or the PS2 to the PS3?
---
"I played through normal on D2, which was enough to tell me it wasn't as fun as Titan Quest or PSO." ~ Sinfullyvannila
#2Luthor_Posted 12/2/2012 8:27:06 PM
I firmly believe it will be a decent jump at least.

I'm pretty confident it will be PS2 --> PS360 sized, despite what drones want to believe.
---
Dante Stormblade
#3PenguinKoala(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 8:29:20 PM
So will it rival current max spec PC games?
---
"I played through normal on D2, which was enough to tell me it wasn't as fun as Titan Quest or PSO." ~ Sinfullyvannila
#4Unsugarized_FooPosted 12/2/2012 8:30:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UVX0OUO9ptU

Thats what SE is going to try and do. It's weird to compare Final Fantasy games though, because they all really look the same to me since FFX. Same stuff but there's just more stuff going on with better lighting/shadows/particles.

I'd imagine it'd be like going from Soul Caliber on the DC to the first DoA that came out on the 360.
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#5Luthor_Posted 12/2/2012 8:32:02 PM
PenguinKoala posted...
So will it rival current max spec PC games?

Most likely not. But the gap from consoles to maxed PC specs is huge so I believe their is room in there for a big jump for consoles.
---
Dante Stormblade
#6KevoCSCSPosted 12/2/2012 8:33:20 PM
Regardless of how powerful PC's are we'll never see too huge of a leap in the visual department since most PC games are just console ports. PC gamers are too busy trying to stick it to the man so no developers want to make games for the PC.
#7XxKrAyZiExXPosted 12/2/2012 10:24:57 PM
if games graphically looked similar but just played at an actual 1080p, as opposed to this crap sub hd resolution, i would be happy.
---
"He ain't never had Metta World, you know what I'm saying? Metta World lock it down on that wing, baby."
#8flagg2kplusPosted 12/2/2012 10:44:21 PM
Yes they will look like high end PC games maxed out, and possibly better.

To the naysayers, PC games can only be optimized so much, because there are so many different computer configurations possible.

When developers have one platform with a standard set of components to develop for, they can optimize it to the max.
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#9SikkaSillPosted 12/2/2012 10:45:33 PM
Unfortunately nothing will ever give me the same feeling as first playing Super Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda OoT in 3D for the first time, and then seeing Killzone 2's tech demo thingy and Resistances tech demo... and then playing Gears of War for the very first time. Ahhhh cherished memories :)
---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#10MANTI5Posted 12/2/2012 10:53:09 PM
It won't be anywhere near pc level, please people be serious. It will be better than 360 but no console will ever catch up to high-end pcs, not even close.