This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 720 Graphics

#31knightimexPosted 12/3/2012 6:35:49 PM
Iceman83 posted...
SikkaSill posted...
Unfortunately nothing will ever give me the same feeling as first playing Super Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda OoT in 3D for the first time, and then seeing Killzone 2's tech demo thingy and Resistances tech demo... and then playing Gears of War for the very first time. Ahhhh cherished memories :)

Have you played Halo 4 or Forza 4 yet?

Forza 4 literally has nothing else going on when viewing cars.
If they added 1 more car the graphics would dramatically decrease.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#32TheSmartBlondePosted 12/3/2012 7:28:42 PM
Is it confirmed that it will be called the Xbox 720?
#33ironmaidenfan70Posted 12/3/2012 7:29:34 PM
if it looks as good as that smoking man tech demo im happy.
---
I love to sing-a About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a,I love to sing-a,
#34GeminiX7Posted 12/3/2012 7:34:10 PM
TheSmartBlonde posted...
Is it confirmed that it will be called the Xbox 720?

The name hasn't been confirmed at all. "Durango" is the project name as of right now, but the actual name is shifting around a bit. Likewise, Playstation 4 will most likely be called Omni, while Orbis is the current project name.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#35MRL3G3NDPosted 12/4/2012 11:11:13 AM
justinlynch3 posted...
I can't see how it can possibly go from a PS2 to PS3 jump unless they go realistic CGI type deal, which would be to expensive.

It will be higher resolution and a jump yes, but I don't even see PC having that type of jump from current consoles.

how do you know?
...really do you have a list of next gen production costs?

They already have next gen engines available (unreal)

look at crysis 1 or Arma 2 in my signature...these games were made over 5 years ago...please believe me, any significant jump will only be new and significant to those console only players...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#36googlerPosted 12/4/2012 11:18:21 AM
I think yes and no. It will be a huge leap from current gen (and I'm tossing U in there), but he only thing is that graphics cards haven't seen the huge difference in improvements that GPUs had around the time that 360 debuted all those years ago
#37AsucaHayashiPosted 12/4/2012 11:41:00 AM(edited)
RetroFanGirl posted...
PenguinKoala posted...
So will it rival current max spec PC games?

According to rumored specs, which doesn't mean much, NONE of the next gen consoles meet a mid end gaming PC that was built today.

otherwise known as budget PCs.

also:
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/05/21/epic-games-has-seen-ps4xbox-720-specs-theyre-not-powerful-enough/

but let the fanboys who think the complete opposite have their time... judging from everything seen so far they'll most likely be shut down just as quickly as the overhyped and underperforming wii u when it comes to power and performance.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#38Kazuya_80Posted 12/4/2012 11:36:12 AM
Not powerful enough for what ? Also, most the greatest games made are from previous generations
#39godplaysSNESPosted 12/4/2012 11:53:58 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Luthor_ posted...
I firmly believe it will be a decent jump at least.

I'm pretty confident it will be PS2 --> PS360 sized, despite what drones want to believe.

Even current PC games don't have that kind of gap compared to the PS3 and 360. Considering both are pretty much confirmed to only have the fraction of the power of a current decent gaming PC, there's no way your expectations are realistic in any way. The best the jump will be is the difference between PS2 and Xbox.

Even the PCs are held back by the multiplatform focus

The leap can be big, and importantly, not necessarily expensive.
The Xbox 360 replaced the Xbox 1 after four years. The 360 however, has already been out for 7 years.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#40DerekRossPosted 12/4/2012 4:38:50 PM
All we know is that the 720 is 2-3x stronger than the PS4 and 6-8x stronger than the Wii U.