This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought a 50'' LG Plasma (Black Ops 2 question as well)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just bought a 50'' LG Plasma (Black Ops 2 question as well)
3 years ago#1
I am noticing when playing, I am running composite 1080i and it seems to be flashing like... a green bar horizontally through areas in the picture...

What's going on? It almost seems like screen tearing.
---
TaintedEon on Steam!
3 years ago#2
i think you are confused, because composite cable can only deliver 480i. To get HD, you need either a component cable or HDMI cable. Your color problem could be the cables not connected properly in the right holes.
3 years ago#3
Here's what I want you to do: anything you own that you're using composite cables with right now, I want you to see if they can connect to your set by way of HDMI cables. If it can, I want you to go to one of those not-quite-dollar store thrift shops and find yourself some $5 HDMI cables. The differences between extremely expensive cables and dirt cheap cables is negligible. Then I want you to go home and hook up everything with your new HDMI cables. Afterwards, set all your devices to output to 1080p. Not 1080i. 1080i displays an image as a two-step process that happens almost instantaneously whereas 1080p is constantly showing a single stream of imagery. This will give you the absolute best picture your tv can produce (short of a good calibration- I suggest googling calibration settings for your tvs model number).

Right now I'm at a lack of understanding as to how you even managed to produce any image at all using composite cables since they aren't rated for anything over 480i as far as I know.
3 years ago#4
What was the black ops 2 question?
3 years ago#5
My bad, I meant component. :C
---
TaintedEon on Steam!
3 years ago#6
Bump
---
TaintedEon on Steam!
3 years ago#7
I like how this guy gives his life story and all the TC can say is "bump."
---
Jesus is Lord
3 years ago#8
Splice_ posted...
Here's what I want you to do: anything you own that you're using composite cables with right now, I want you to see if they can connect to your set by way of HDMI cables. If it can, I want you to go to one of those not-quite-dollar store thrift shops and find yourself some $5 HDMI cables. The differences between extremely expensive cables and dirt cheap cables is negligible. Then I want you to go home and hook up everything with your new HDMI cables. Afterwards, set all your devices to output to 1080p. Not 1080i. 1080i displays an image as a two-step process that happens almost instantaneously whereas 1080p is constantly showing a single stream of imagery. This will give you the absolute best picture your tv can produce (short of a good calibration- I suggest googling calibration settings for your tvs model number).

Right now I'm at a lack of understanding as to how you even managed to produce any image at all using composite cables since they aren't rated for anything over 480i as far as I know.

Dude, i was sooo disappointed, i bought an hdmi cable for 8 bucks... opened it and saw my tv didn't have an hd slot... i do need a new tv... but that'll have to wait another 2 years...
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just bought a 50'' LG Plasma (Black Ops 2 question as well)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived