This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought a 50'' LG Plasma (Black Ops 2 question as well)

#1TaintedEonPosted 12/3/2012 2:53:50 AM
I am noticing when playing, I am running composite 1080i and it seems to be flashing like... a green bar horizontally through areas in the picture...

What's going on? It almost seems like screen tearing.
---
TaintedEon on Steam!
#2majicray2112Posted 12/3/2012 3:10:58 AM
i think you are confused, because composite cable can only deliver 480i. To get HD, you need either a component cable or HDMI cable. Your color problem could be the cables not connected properly in the right holes.
#3Splice_Posted 12/3/2012 3:12:33 AM
Here's what I want you to do: anything you own that you're using composite cables with right now, I want you to see if they can connect to your set by way of HDMI cables. If it can, I want you to go to one of those not-quite-dollar store thrift shops and find yourself some $5 HDMI cables. The differences between extremely expensive cables and dirt cheap cables is negligible. Then I want you to go home and hook up everything with your new HDMI cables. Afterwards, set all your devices to output to 1080p. Not 1080i. 1080i displays an image as a two-step process that happens almost instantaneously whereas 1080p is constantly showing a single stream of imagery. This will give you the absolute best picture your tv can produce (short of a good calibration- I suggest googling calibration settings for your tvs model number).

Right now I'm at a lack of understanding as to how you even managed to produce any image at all using composite cables since they aren't rated for anything over 480i as far as I know.
#4Splice_Posted 12/3/2012 3:13:50 AM
What was the black ops 2 question?
#5TaintedEon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 3:21:24 AM
My bad, I meant component. :C
---
TaintedEon on Steam!
#6TaintedEon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 3:50:34 AM
Bump
---
TaintedEon on Steam!
#7G2584Posted 12/3/2012 4:14:14 AM
I like how this guy gives his life story and all the TC can say is "bump."
---
Jesus is Lord
#8PantherRiderPosted 12/3/2012 5:31:52 AM
Splice_ posted...
Here's what I want you to do: anything you own that you're using composite cables with right now, I want you to see if they can connect to your set by way of HDMI cables. If it can, I want you to go to one of those not-quite-dollar store thrift shops and find yourself some $5 HDMI cables. The differences between extremely expensive cables and dirt cheap cables is negligible. Then I want you to go home and hook up everything with your new HDMI cables. Afterwards, set all your devices to output to 1080p. Not 1080i. 1080i displays an image as a two-step process that happens almost instantaneously whereas 1080p is constantly showing a single stream of imagery. This will give you the absolute best picture your tv can produce (short of a good calibration- I suggest googling calibration settings for your tvs model number).

Right now I'm at a lack of understanding as to how you even managed to produce any image at all using composite cables since they aren't rated for anything over 480i as far as I know.

Dude, i was sooo disappointed, i bought an hdmi cable for 8 bucks... opened it and saw my tv didn't have an hd slot... i do need a new tv... but that'll have to wait another 2 years...
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**