This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought a 50'' LG Plasma (Black Ops 2 question as well)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just bought a 50'' LG Plasma (Black Ops 2 question as well)

User Info: TaintedEon

TaintedEon
4 years ago#1
I am noticing when playing, I am running composite 1080i and it seems to be flashing like... a green bar horizontally through areas in the picture...

What's going on? It almost seems like screen tearing.
TaintedEon on Steam!

User Info: majicray2112

majicray2112
4 years ago#2
i think you are confused, because composite cable can only deliver 480i. To get HD, you need either a component cable or HDMI cable. Your color problem could be the cables not connected properly in the right holes.

User Info: Splice_

Splice_
4 years ago#3
Here's what I want you to do: anything you own that you're using composite cables with right now, I want you to see if they can connect to your set by way of HDMI cables. If it can, I want you to go to one of those not-quite-dollar store thrift shops and find yourself some $5 HDMI cables. The differences between extremely expensive cables and dirt cheap cables is negligible. Then I want you to go home and hook up everything with your new HDMI cables. Afterwards, set all your devices to output to 1080p. Not 1080i. 1080i displays an image as a two-step process that happens almost instantaneously whereas 1080p is constantly showing a single stream of imagery. This will give you the absolute best picture your tv can produce (short of a good calibration- I suggest googling calibration settings for your tvs model number).

Right now I'm at a lack of understanding as to how you even managed to produce any image at all using composite cables since they aren't rated for anything over 480i as far as I know.

User Info: Splice_

Splice_
4 years ago#4
What was the black ops 2 question?

TaintedEon
4 years ago#5
My bad, I meant component. :C
TaintedEon on Steam!

TaintedEon
4 years ago#6
Bump
TaintedEon on Steam!

User Info: G2584

G2584
4 years ago#7
I like how this guy gives his life story and all the TC can say is "bump."
Jesus is Lord

User Info: PantherRider

PantherRider
4 years ago#8
Splice_ posted...
Here's what I want you to do: anything you own that you're using composite cables with right now, I want you to see if they can connect to your set by way of HDMI cables. If it can, I want you to go to one of those not-quite-dollar store thrift shops and find yourself some $5 HDMI cables. The differences between extremely expensive cables and dirt cheap cables is negligible. Then I want you to go home and hook up everything with your new HDMI cables. Afterwards, set all your devices to output to 1080p. Not 1080i. 1080i displays an image as a two-step process that happens almost instantaneously whereas 1080p is constantly showing a single stream of imagery. This will give you the absolute best picture your tv can produce (short of a good calibration- I suggest googling calibration settings for your tvs model number).

Right now I'm at a lack of understanding as to how you even managed to produce any image at all using composite cables since they aren't rated for anything over 480i as far as I know.

Dude, i was sooo disappointed, i bought an hdmi cable for 8 bucks... opened it and saw my tv didn't have an hd slot... i do need a new tv... but that'll have to wait another 2 years...
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just bought a 50'' LG Plasma (Black Ops 2 question as well)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived