This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsofts "next big franchise" being built by Black Tusk Studios

#1Luthor_Posted 12/3/2012 4:05:22 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/12/02/microsoft-39-s-new-black-tusk-studio-is-working-on-the-xbox-39-s-next-big-franchise.aspx

They are doubling their workforce and building the next big exclusive franchise.

Now let us pray its not a shooter.
---
Dante Stormblade
#2zerooo0Posted 12/3/2012 4:15:56 AM
I like shooters though. But it would be nice to see MS experiment. Theres tons of genres out there that need to be messed with. MS could make a Space Sim, Open World game(Better than Fable), ect.

Lets just hope it turns out good, even if it's a shooter.
---
Trolls=The intelligence of Cane Toads
#3RPG_ApostlePosted 12/3/2012 4:19:45 AM
Hmm.... Rare make Kameo, I think, which was a solid launch title.
Bungie made Halo, now that's handed off to 343.

No doubt Rare is already working on another next gen launch title. Despite the fact that they're not making what their older fans want (Banjo 3, for example), they're still capable of producing games. Do I want another Kinect title? No, but they sell. But it is a Kinect title or another Kameo type title? Who knows...

No doubt 343 is already working on Halo 5. That's pretty much a given.

So... A shooter is unlikely, I think. They have Activision to produce CoD on a yearly basis, so there's that. Plus there's also Battlefield.

I mean, it COULD be a shooter. I hope it isn't. I'm almost wondering is Microsoft will try their hand at the WRPG market... Just a hunch, I've no basis, but... Hell, I don't know what I WANT them to be making. I'm cautiously optimistic about every possible genre it could be.

Watch, it's the next Hexic game.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#4Arucard05Posted 12/3/2012 4:20:04 AM
It will be a shooter.

TPS or FPS though, that is the question.
---
It's better than bad.
#5Arucard05Posted 12/3/2012 4:21:56 AM
I'm almost wondering is Microsoft will try their hand at the WRPG market

Fable is Microsoft's stab at that market. They have no interest is anything that won't appeal to as much people as possible.
---
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#6Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 4:26:16 AM
Arucard05 posted...
It will be a shooter.

TPS or FPS though, that is the question.

How are you so sure?

I don't mind shooters, but Microsoft is using that genre a bit much.
---
Dante Stormblade
#7Arucard05Posted 12/3/2012 4:27:07 AM
I don't mind shooters, but Microsoft is using that genre a bit much.

They sell. As long as they're good I'm down.
---
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#8Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 4:31:34 AM
Are you sure they would want to release competition for Halo? I mean, if its a TPS that's a little less of a problem.

Meh.. I might just pass. I don't hate shooters, but they have to be really good to impress me enough to pay $60.

I still have my fingers crossed for a non-shooter, though.
---
Dante Stormblade
#9RPG_ApostlePosted 12/3/2012 4:32:43 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I'm almost wondering is Microsoft will try their hand at the WRPG market

Fable is Microsoft's stab at that market. They have no interest is anything that won't appeal to as much people as possible.

Right, but MS has Lionhead for Fable. Just like they have 343 for Halo, and thus the FPS genre. Lionhead lost PM (Thank goodness), but they're still with MS.

I was talking more of the Bethesda WRPG. First person and all.

It won't be racing, they have Forza. They don't want the studios they own to compete with other studios they own... So it shouldn't be another FPS... Unless they release this new IP and Halo bi-yearly, so MS would make money each year, just how Activision releases IW and Treyarch CoS games bi-yearly...

...Damn. No idea, really.
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#10Arucard05Posted 12/3/2012 4:34:03 AM
Lionhead lost PM (Thank goodness)

Stopped reading right there.
---
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.