This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsofts "next big franchise" being built by Black Tusk Studios

#11creep50Posted 12/3/2012 5:34:36 AM
if its going to be another generic call of duty inspired shooter with regenerating health and iron sights......i really dont see any reason to get excited

if they are going to make a shooter than lets hope they will atleast try to make it different
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#12Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:40:26 AM
Yea I'm kind of thinking they won't release another shooter, unless, like Apostle said, they go bi-annual with Halo. If this is what happens I'll be pretty dissapointed.
---
Dante Stormblade
#13PantherRiderPosted 12/3/2012 5:40:43 AM
Doubling their efforts? what happened did the CEO of Ms drop by and say that Bill Gates was coming and that he'd be less forgivin?
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**
#14Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:41:08 AM
creep50 posted...
if its going to be another generic call of duty inspired shooter with regenerating health and iron sights......i really dont see any reason to get excited

if they are going to make a shooter than lets hope they will atleast try to make it different

Nobody can be sure.
---
Dante Stormblade
#15RPG_ApostlePosted 12/3/2012 5:52:10 AM
Unless we get a list of the staff, get an idea of their background in the industry as to what they've made before... All we can do is speculate.

But... Hm. Ok, this is certainly a possibility:

Microsoft recently released Happy Wars, didn't they?
So... what's to stop them from making a MMO? I'm not saying full-blown WoW, ToR, GW2 or anything. But somewhere in between PSU (in idea, not execution) and GW2. Certainly a step up from something like Happy Wars and Dungeon Fighter, though.

MS is in the business of making money. Microtransactions, despite my personal feelings, make TONS of money. So... It's certainly possible.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#16magxPosted 12/3/2012 5:53:24 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
Unless we get a list of the staff, get an idea of their background in the industry as to what they've made before... All we can do is speculate.

So... what's to stop them from making a MMO? I'm not saying full-blown WoW, ToR, GW2 or anything. But somewhere in between PSU (in idea, not execution) and GW2. Certainly a step up from something like Happy Wars and Dungeon Fighter, though.

MS is in the business of making money. Microtransactions, despite my personal feelings, make TONS of money. So... It's certainly possible.

I'm throwing my hat into the ring in support of this gentleman right here.
---
http://www.marioslastname.com/ http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!
#17Arucard05Posted 12/3/2012 5:55:44 AM

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/02/microsoft-vancouver-is-now-black-tusk-studios-building-the-nex/

They're trying to build "the next Halo". A big blockbuster, multi-million copy selling franchise.

Any kind of RPG is not going to fit that role for them.
---
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#18creep50Posted 12/3/2012 6:05:13 AM
i am going to stay optimistic and hope that they are making a big budget 3d traditional platformer
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#19RPG_ApostlePosted 12/3/2012 6:08:41 AM
Aru, I think you may be taking "the next Halo" too literally.

I took it as "the next massive Microsoft franchise", not as "the next massive Microsoft FPS series".

But you could be right, if my bi-yearly theory is correct in regards to the FPS shooters.
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#20oasisbeyondPosted 12/3/2012 6:08:49 AM
Kameo was being developed for Nintendo...
MS knows nothing about games, they suck hard.
I'll never forgive them for not backing up Oddworld Strangers. I don't care the game didn't sell, it still was a very good game. Thank You EA for saving one of my favorite games last gen.