This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsofts "next big franchise" being built by Black Tusk Studios

#21Arucard05Posted 12/3/2012 6:13:39 AM
Aru, I think you may be taking "the next Halo" too literally.

I took it as "the next massive Microsoft franchise", not as "the next massive Microsoft FPS series".

What I mean is, what other genre could be that for them?
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#22PrealienkingPosted 12/3/2012 6:14:21 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
Aru, I think you may be taking "the next Halo" too literally.

I took it as "the next massive Microsoft franchise", not as "the next massive Microsoft FPS series".

But you could be right, if my bi-yearly theory is correct in regards to the FPS shooters.

I'm standing with Arucard on this one, especially since we've been getting rumors that Microsoft is working on a new exclusive sci-fi shooter IP.
#23Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:15:11 AM
I wouldn't mind an MMO-like game at all.
---
Dante Stormblade
#24Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:16:59 AM
Why would Microsoft make another Sci-Fi shooter? That is direct Halo competition.

I'm gonna have to say I seriously doubt that.
---
Dante Stormblade
#25RPG_ApostlePosted 12/3/2012 6:19:37 AM
I'm not saying a new shooter is incorrect. I just hope it isn't.

But it does lend to my bi-yearly theory. They'd be pulling in Activision-type money if they released Halo and this new series every other year.

From a business perspective, they'd be stupid not to do it.

So... hm. Time will tell. As I said, their biggest priority is to make money. It is for all businesses. That'd certainly make them a ton of money.
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#26SoF-RamboPosted 12/3/2012 6:20:13 AM
What ever happened to that spy MMO being devved on the PS3 way long ago? I'd love to play that on my Xbox.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#27RPG_ApostlePosted 12/3/2012 6:26:06 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Why would Microsoft make another Sci-Fi shooter? That is direct Halo competition.

I'm gonna have to say I seriously doubt that.

Well, the military style is overdone, between CoD, MoH and Battlefield.

So Sci-Fi does make a bit of sense. There's a lot more they could do. There was another game, Fracture, that had an interesting gameplay mechanic of shooting the ground and changing the terrain. The game sucked, but just an interesting example of all sorts of other stuff they could do. Ever played Prey? That's another good example. Would supernatural be covered under Sci-Fi? If so, look at FEAR.
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#28GeistPosted 12/3/2012 6:33:15 AM
We need a Halo Space Combat game based off the Space Ship level of Reach. I bet it would be the next big multi player game.
---
Currently playing : RDR
#29Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:35:03 AM
^ I really want a good aerial combat game.

I liked those Ace Combat games on N64.
---
Dante Stormblade
#30Arucard05Posted 12/3/2012 6:35:32 AM
Well, the military style is overdone, between CoD, MoH and Battlefield.

So Sci-Fi does make a bit of sense. There's a lot more they could do. There was another game, Fracture, that had an interesting gameplay mechanic of shooting the ground and changing the terrain. The game sucked, but just an interesting example of all sorts of other stuff they could do. Ever played Prey? That's another good example. Would supernatural be covered under Sci-Fi? If so, look at FEAR.

If this thing is a sci-fi FPS, I'd expect it to have some hook that sets it apart from other games.
---
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.