This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsofts "next big franchise" being built by Black Tusk Studios

#51CapnStankyPosted 12/3/2012 10:08:22 AM
Luthor_ posted...
You owe your GOTY to a Japanese develepor. Does that feel good?

You are missing out on tons of amazing Japanese developed games because you're ignorant and close minded. Feel good now?

LOL they surveyed a bunch of top Japanese devs and asked what they thought were the best games of the year, and 90+ percent chose western games. HAHAHA.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#52RPG_ApostlePosted 12/3/2012 10:09:13 AM
CapnStanky posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...
CapnStanky posted...

Sleeping Dogs worked because the Japanese weren't allowed anywhere near the development. Who cares which company published it? Just shows that Square is smart enough to realize that western games are better, so they're buying those instead of sinking money into bad Japanese games. Just owned you. Did you enjoy it?

Really? You "owned" me?

Yes.

Yeah, you've a lot left to say.

Keep up with that ignorant mindset of yours, you're doing a great job.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#53Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 10:13:42 AM
GorillaOnRoof posted...
CapnStanky posted...

Sleeping Dogs worked because the Japanese weren't allowed anywhere near the development. Who cares which company published it? Just shows that Square is smart enough to realize that western games are better, so they're buying those instead of sinking money into bad Japanese games. Just owned you. Did you enjoy it?

haha that's not an ownage.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/62640786

that's an ownage

Lol that was Golden.

I'm glad that Dragons Dogma is $20 now. Oh, wait..
---
Dante Stormblade
#54Tube_of_NoobPosted 12/3/2012 10:25:01 AM
Next big franchise hmmmm... Well it couldnt be:

TPS because of Gears
FPS because of Halo
Racing because of Forza

Im gueesing that MS will not compete with existing franchise. I would like to see a platformer like Ratchet and Clank or an Action Platformer. An MMO as mentioned before would be fun also. I dont know whats this development studio known for, any good games?
---
"Luckys an old buddy of mine...and by buddy I mean the a-hole that ruined my Momma's girl parts."
#55RycerXPosted 12/3/2012 10:36:02 AM(edited)
I would love a quality platformer with Microsoft's full financial backing, pie in the sky as it is.

Tube_of_Noob posted...
I dont know whats this development studio known for, any good games?

As far as I know, they were responsible for Microsoft Flight and some Kinect game called Project Columbia, both of which were canned.
#56TheStattlerPosted 12/3/2012 10:59:18 AM
Luthor_ posted...
GorillaOnRoof posted...
CapnStanky posted...

that's an ownage

Lol that was Golden.

Not usually one to back up Stanky at all but...he never specified the currency nor which Amazon and although it took longer than a month is has been 19.99 and less here for a while now.
---
OFFICIAL BOY WHO WAITED OF THE DOCTOR WHO BOARD
Stattox.....REBORN!
#57RPG_ApostlePosted 12/3/2012 11:03:27 AM
TheStattler posted...
Luthor_ posted...
GorillaOnRoof posted...
CapnStanky posted...

that's an ownage

Lol that was Golden.

Not usually one to back up Stanky at all but...he never specified the currency nor which Amazon and although it took longer than a month is has been 19.99 and less here for a while now.

Within 2 weeks as he predicted? Nope. Not even close. Also, I do believe he used "$", which typically denotes American USD.

So... No. He's wrong. As he almost always is. Just like in this case.
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#58TheStattlerPosted 12/3/2012 11:09:58 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
TheStattler posted...
Luthor_ posted...
GorillaOnRoof posted...
CapnStanky posted...

that's an ownage

Lol that was Golden.

Within 2 weeks as he predicted? Nope. Not even close. Also, I do believe he used "$", which typically denotes American USD.

So... No. He's wrong. As he almost always is. Just like in this case.

I bolded the relevant part.

Also no, he didn't use $ he used an ".
---
OFFICIAL BOY WHO WAITED OF THE DOCTOR WHO BOARD
Stattox.....REBORN!
#59stawg007Posted 12/3/2012 11:11:57 AM
Why do you guys respond to Stanky? Do yourselves a favour and put him on ignore, unless of course you enjoy arguing with ignorant, idiotic fanboys
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl
#60RPG_ApostlePosted 12/3/2012 11:21:53 AM
Stattler, your point is moot:

Stanky's prediction was that it'd drop a lot sooner than it did.

In reality, if you want long enough, any game will eventually be $20, aside from exceptionally rare titles such as the Tournament NES carts, and sought-after games such as Suikoden II.

But the typical retail title will be $20 eventually, in whatever currency you'd like, at some point in time.

His entire prediction was incorrect. That's all there is to it.

My apologies to you if it seemed I was being short with you in my previous post. It's difficult to convey tone with text, I'm not an author.

But it is undeniable: Stanky was wrong then, and his entire purpose in this topic was to bash other peoples thoughts in opinions. He could've contributed to the healthy discussion that was going on, but he instead chose to make a typical Stanky post.
---