This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

King of fighters XIII or UMVC3?

#11Robin_MaskPosted 12/3/2012 11:31:56 PM
MR_Soren posted...
GGearX posted...
MR_Soren posted...
KoF is a better game, but you'll have smoother games and more opponents online with UMvC3.

So which one is better In your honest opinion?

I think KoF is the better game, but it would not be fair to recommend it without mentioning that the online experience is lacking. Ultimately, the choice is up to you and where your priorities lie.

---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#12TheArcadePosted 12/3/2012 11:57:53 PM
People still play KOF, yes. UMvC3 is just more populated.

It's also worth noting the assist in UMvC3 can be really distracting. In order to learn the game you must master the assist to remotely stand a chance online. Otherwise it becomes frustrating. Sometimes people forget they are there it winds up costing them matches.

KOF XIII doesn't have assist. So no need to worry about some random guy jumping out and killing you, winning the match for his point man. Personally I thought it made it easier to focus without the assist.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#13the36thchamberPosted 12/4/2012 1:09:03 AM
marvel shouldve been better but the combos and the damage my goodness.miss 2 or 3 blocks and its your ass no exaggeration
---
2013 Hype Dogs: Naruto UNS3,Metal Gear Rising,Castlevania LOS2,Crysis 3
GT-xNinjaScrollx
#14Robin_MaskPosted 12/4/2012 1:18:23 AM
the36thchamber posted...
marvel shouldve been better but the combos and the damage my goodness.miss 2 or 3 blocks and its your ass no exaggeration

Like a lot of fighting games?
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#15dcn2424Posted 12/4/2012 4:08:19 AM
I would enjoy UMvC3 more if it was similar to SSF2 THD Remix.
#16nesspoojeffPosted 12/4/2012 4:13:51 AM
Don't let these guys that are bad at Marvel sway you. If you are unsure and have to ask about which of these 2 great fighting games to get then you should get UMVC3. It's a bit more accessible yet still complicated and rewarding at the high level.

Then again 60 bucks isnt much and you can have both.
---
Boy, that made about as much sense as a naked Michael Landon praying to a statue of Satan composed mainly of tapioca pudding and hamster pellets.-Beware The JBD
#17TheArcadePosted 12/4/2012 5:50:31 PM(edited)
nesspoojeff posted...
Don't let these guys that are bad at Marvel sway you. If you are unsure and have to ask about which of these 2 great fighting games to get then you should get UMVC3. It's a bit more accessible yet still complicated and rewarding at the high level.

Then again 60 bucks isnt much and you can have both.

Check the condescending remarks at the door. People can prefer one fighting game over the other and not suck. That's like saying someone who chooses Mortal Kombat 2 over Street Fighter Alpha must be some kind of noob. This aspect echos the illusion portrayed by the elitist machine.

Btw TC, it should also be noted that unlike UMvC3; the general reception for KOF XIII from oldschool KOF fans and the FGC at large was overwhelmingly positive. UMvC3 on the other hand, got slammed by criticisms stemming from guys coming off of MvC2 and it's predecessors (MvC1, X-Men vs SF, MSH, etc.). If that isn't any indication SNK saw more significant gains on their series than Marvel then I don't know what is. Now that's not to say Marvel isn't fun. Certainly KOF pleased their base this time around whereas Marvel 3 split the community in half.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends