This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To this day, GTA IV still is king of detail. *My day in Liberty City*

#1calinksPosted 12/4/2012 2:02:03 AM
Biggest gripe with me when it came to GTA IV was there wasn't enough fun side activities to do. The DLC games have greatly helped in this area. Regardless of that though, the detail in the city of GTA IV and it's pedestrians has always been top notch and I don't think it has been matched for me yet.

This is a lengthy read up ahead about some random crap so just heads up folks. Only read if you enjoy these little details.

Playing TBGOT. So I'm just walking the streets, listening to people's phone conversations and messing with people. Pushed some older gentleman who was sitting on a bench and he stumbled back and fell over a railing haha. That was not my intention. I started to run off when I got a phone call from Luis' friend. They wanted to hang out I said yea.

Called a cab and rode it to their place and picked them up at about 9. Had the cab take us to burger shot. On the way there the three characters had a funny conversation and after the burger place they had some funny stuff to say too. I noticed we were close to the strip club so I headed there next.

As we approach the club entrance Armobdo cracks a joke, "Hey Luis, sorry to tell you this but these strippers are all girls man." Henrique is all excited and says something about how much fun he is going to have. We weren't even in the club yet but they knew we were going there as I was headed in that direction.

Bouncer lets us in. I'm walking around and some guy is screaming out some raunchy things to the dancers. He then answers his phone and gets up and walks towards the back of the club to talk. He's talking to somebody about some kinky girl he has been banging. He then starts to pace around and go into more detail, he then starts talking about her slutty sister lol. He ends the convo telling the guy he will see him at the show tonight. I don;t know if this was so detailed that he was referring to the strip club or some other event.

After that I start to run into him and knock him over as I want to get him angry. He starts swinging at me and he hits a bouncer. The bouncer yells at him and the guy storms out of the club. I do the same shoving thing to another person and the bouncer is like, "That's enough buddy!" and he starts pushing me. Armondo gets up and says "Hey, calm down!" The bouncer then punches me in the back of my head. Armondo runs up and starts going off. Other bouncers start pouring out and we got a brawl!

Armondo and I beat all 3 of their asses and I'm wondering where the heck Henrique is. The cops are alerted so we run out and hide in an alley. Henrique catches up and we wait the police out. I actually see a cop car coming up the street and tried something I never tried before. I took cover behind a wall that would hide the cop cars view of me. They didnt see me and drove right by. Pretty cool little detail.

Took the guys out for a drink and we were doing the funny drunk stumbling thing and they had some odd conversation. At one point Henrique's stupid ass tried to go down some stairs and he fell and got jacked up. The hang out ended after that as he was injured.

Later that night we did a drug bust mission and it was awesome. We rolled up on this big mansion and had a hectic shootout. I was hurt and needed a distraction. Decided to call the cops. The police showed up and got into the war. That was enough for me to sneak around the backyard and grab the drugs. On the way out of the complex there were bodies everywhere and a few stragglers. You could still hear the cops and dealers battling in the distance. We stole a car and drove off.

There is just on other game I know of that brings this. It really is insane how much work they put in. I simply can't wait for GTA V.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/1609a9h.gif
"If you can eat your food while everyone else is losing theirs and blaming you, you straight, homie." -Big Smoke
#2robert_rangersuPosted 12/4/2012 2:02:48 AM
tl;dr
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 12/4/2012 2:06:32 AM
calinks posted...

There is just on other game I know of that brings this. It really is insane how much work they put in. I simply can't wait for GTA V.

I remember reading in the IGN review that the writer saw a guy rear-end another car because he was rubbernecking to check out a woman. Thought it was nonsense until I saw it happen once.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#4calinks(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:13:18 AM
LOL I never seen that before, There is so much crap crammed in here I don't know if you can ever see it all. I love it when game environments are unpredictable.
---
"If you can eat your food while everyone else is losing theirs and blaming you, you straight, homie." -Big Smoke
#5calinks(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:27:38 AM
Also has anyone else noticed that Luis Lopez kind of dresses like Axel Foley?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/432/511/Lions_display_image.jpg?1318716941

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091221204252/gta/fr/images/7/71/LuisFernandoLopezTBOGT.jpg

just occurred to me today ha.
---
#6PLCDPosted 12/4/2012 3:20:52 PM
This is why GTA IV and Saints Row 2 are still the best urban sandbox games. GTA IV for it's insane detail and physics. Saints Row for all the activities and funny peds. Too bad The Third's city was so lifeless.
---
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
#7PLCDPosted 12/4/2012 5:37:34 PM
Ever try walking across one of the islands. You are gauranteed to see something happen.
---
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
#8vormisPosted 12/4/2012 5:39:35 PM
GTA IV is a fantastic game, no doubt. But Rockstar took themselves WAY too seriously with this one until the downloadable content. I agree with you, the game and the DLC had some incredible detail, etc. but it actually took work to enjoy what this game had to offer.
#9NeoGeoXSegaPosted 12/4/2012 6:41:23 PM
GTA IV is a fantastic game, no doubt. But Rockstar took themselves WAY too seriously with this one until the downloadable content. I agree with you, the game and the DLC had some incredible detail, etc. but it actually took work to enjoy what this game had to offer.

Both DLC are in the same vein as IV in tone, L&D is even more serious & dark imho.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#10Illumi_KnightPosted 12/4/2012 9:00:23 PM
Good read :) off to play some IV now.