This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you spoil your Xmas surprises?

#11BlueJester007Posted 12/5/2012 8:52:07 AM
Xmas
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#12Walkman_005Posted 12/5/2012 9:16:59 AM
You know there are other religions than jewish...

Every poll has the option "No I'm Jewish"

It should be "No I don't celebrate christmas"

People could be an atheist or buddhist or hindu or muslim or even Shinto.
#13TheBlueStigPosted 12/5/2012 9:20:35 AM
I'm tired of giving people Christmas lists of things I want only to get NOTHING from the list.

WTF was the point of asking me what I wanted for Christmas only to ignore the whole list?
#14LapanuiPosted 12/5/2012 9:23:11 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
I'm tired of giving people Christmas lists of things I want only to get NOTHING from the list.

WTF was the point of asking me what I wanted for Christmas only to ignore the whole list?

You're asking the wrong people. I know a guy who can acquire these items, sadly he only comes around once a year...
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#15bigphil2003Posted 12/5/2012 9:27:00 AM
I used to when I was younger but I always regretted it. To a certain extent I know what I'm getting because people ask me what I want but I usually say (for example): Here's ten games I'd be happy with, pick one. Keeps it interesting :D
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie
#16DieMyBride(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:28:59 AM
Walkman_005 posted...
You know there are other religions than jewish...

Every poll has the option "No I'm Jewish"

It should be "No I don't celebrate christmas"

People could be an atheist or buddhist or hindu or muslim or even Shinto.

It's just my humor sort of answer. That's just me. I probably should have just put "don't celebrate". Sorry about that.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#17DieMyBride(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:33:04 AM
bigphil2003 posted...
I used to when I was younger but I always regretted it. To a certain extent I know what I'm getting because people ask me what I want but I usually say (for example): Here's ten games I'd be happy with, pick one. Keeps it interesting :D

Pretty much the same for me. Except i find out. Which doesn't really keep it interesting.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#18nothingbeastPosted 12/5/2012 9:36:50 AM
Heh... When I was a kid I was AWESOME at figuring out what I was getting for Christmas.

Early on it was just a matter of finding where they were hidden before they got wrapped. But the parents caught on to that and stopped hiding them in the house. It got to the point where they would wrap them immediately after buying, and placing them under the tree.

Eventually I started picking up each package and would listen for audio clues. Tip side to side, front to back, upside down. I would listen for sliding pieces or noises. Then i'd do the same to items in the toy aisle in the stores. Wasn't hard to discover what the item was, especially if you just stuck to what you asked for.

But the best one was the combination "Butter Knife & Flashlight". Take the knife and slide it under the wrapping paper seam (where it's not taped) and lift slightly. Shine the flashlight down the hole and use the knife as a mirror. All it took was 1 or 2 words and I knew exactly what I was getting.

Now i'm an adult and enjoy the surprise.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.