This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to gift a game on demand or DLC to other Live users?

#1JDGFootman1234Posted 12/4/2012 11:06:40 AM
I'd like to by my brother a game on demand. Is it possible for me to make the purchase for his account? I could just give him my card information but didnt know if there was a way to gift it or not.

Thanks.
---
I suppose you could never explain to the most ingenious mollusk that such a creature as a whale existed-Emerson
#2IceteaCrisisPosted 12/4/2012 11:21:48 AM
No way to gift it that i know if.
You could sign in on his console, under his tag, buy it and then remove payment details
or
Buy Microsoft points and give him the card or code
or
for DLC you could buy the code for DLC and Arcade games off Amazon or GameStop and give it to him.
---
Game Buying Strategy (on page 2)
http://tinyurl.com/cs94x8w
#3IzunaOvertureePosted 12/4/2012 11:22:39 AM
No way to gift. What you can do is recover you profile on his Xbox,buy the game on his Xbox, and download it that way the digital rights are on his Xbox. You can also redownload on yours by going to your download history although your profile will be the only one able to play it unless you do the switching trick.
---
Defeat is only momentary. Hit it till it dies. Don't get hit.
Xat.com/3dschannel (Owner)
#4SheepinatorPosted 12/4/2012 11:26:33 AM
Buy points card. Gift points card.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#5GooBacksBackPosted 12/4/2012 11:43:54 AM
I remember there was a Major Nelson video where it had in the title "Gift XBLA games"

I was excited, I thought they were adding a new feature or maybe there was a way to do it that I didn't know of.

Then in the video he said "There is no way to gift XBLA games"

Terrible.
#6TheBlueStigPosted 12/4/2012 1:43:07 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Buy points card. Gift points card.

This.

G.o.D. titles can be bought with points, just press a button on the purchase screen to convert from cash to points.

You could even buy a points card online from a place that sends codes instead of cards, have them email you the code, then email it to the other person.
#7Iceman83Posted 12/4/2012 1:54:35 PM
License transfer.
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0