This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Family Friendly Gaming

#1Blade_Of_IcePosted 12/4/2012 6:55:10 PM
Are you a fan of family friendly gaming? - Results (33 votes)
Yes
27.27% (9 votes)
No
30.3% (10 votes)
50/50
42.42% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally i feel its another nail in the coffin but what does one persons opinion matter.

Lets hear your thoughts
#2darkharePosted 12/4/2012 6:56:10 PM
by family friendly gaming do you mean anything that doesnt have gore and swearing? then yes im a fan of it.
---
before i was born i didnt mind death, why would i mind death after living life?
#3Blade_Of_Ice(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 7:07:51 PM
darkhare posted...
by family friendly gaming do you mean anything that doesnt have gore and swearing? then yes im a fan of it.

no thats not what i mean there are literally hundreds of excellent games that have neither of those factors.
#4darkharePosted 12/4/2012 7:10:05 PM
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
darkhare posted...

no thats not what i mean there are literally hundreds of excellent games that have neither of those factors.

then you should have explained what you ment in your first post...to me "family friendly gaming" is pretty much any game that doesnt have gore or swearing.
---
before i was born i didnt mind death, why would i mind death after living life?
#5randomweirdoPosted 12/4/2012 7:13:58 PM
darkhare posted...
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
darkhare posted...

then you should have explained what you ment in your first post...to me "family friendly gaming" is pretty much any game that doesnt have gore or swearing.

Family friendly tends to mean that anyone in the family can play it. So it's not only a lack of gore and swearing, but also the fact that a younger child would be able to play the game.

Lego games tend to fall into this category, as do many Kinect games.
#6Blade_Of_Ice(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 7:26:46 PM
I'm terrible at putting my thought to paper...or in this case to screen but let me give it a try...

What i mean is the more familys start to play games the more the censors and developers are gonna have to crack down on certain restrictions to get more people to buy their games, look at tv and movies they used to be able to get away with alot more than we can today (factoring in what was considering ok back then and whats ok now) because nowadays the companies want to limit the amount of "mature content" to get lower ratings so more and more movie goers can see their watered down stuff, then they screw them over 5 months later by releasing the "Uncut/Uncensored/Unrated/etc" edition on Bluray/dvd

The more parents/families get into games the more they're going to realize whats out there and since some parents actually do care what they're children are exposed to (i honestly have yet to meet these people) the more they're going to try and have stuff controlled.

Think about all the controversy that surrounded games like manhunt, RE5, The GTA games, the latest tomb raider (i'll take jolie over portman anyday...), and whichever Call of duty had the Airport level. Most of these had the developers running the moment people started shouting, if they start cracking down more and more games like these may not even make it to the press (like a newspaper...i dont know the final step in actually producing a game)
#7CaIiber345Posted 12/4/2012 7:40:19 PM
I think what TC means is that more mainstream or "casual" gamers, like families that game, are influencing developers in terms of the content in their games. Devs might alter games or even avoid making certain games because of inherent mature content. They want sales so they'll focus on games with content that are family friendly and have mainstream appeal.

That about it, TC?
---
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
"RT? Ha! I point real guns at my game"- JakesTable
#8Blade_Of_Ice(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 7:41:25 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
I think what TC means is that more mainstream or "casual" gamers, like families that game, are influencing developers in terms of the content in their games. Devs might alter games or even avoid making certain games because of inherent mature content. They want sales so they'll focus on games with content that are family friendly and have mainstream appeal.

That about it, TC?

well much closer to what im trying to get at.
#9SunDevil77Posted 12/4/2012 7:41:33 PM
Are we talkin' Mario Party?
I f****** love Mario Party.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#10BeefEasterPosted 12/4/2012 7:53:08 PM
Blade_Of_Ice posted...

look at tv and movies they used to be able to get away with alot more than we can today

yeah.....

I think you've got that backwards

have you watched prime time network television lately?

or a show on a cable station like FX ot AMC?

they can basically get away with everything except saying the F word