This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To those who own both black ops 2 and halo 4...

#11ChezDispenserPosted 12/5/2012 7:02:35 AM
Two completely different and entirely awesome approaches to multiplayer. I personally give Halo 4 the edge, but Black Ops 2 has restored my faith in CoD.
---
Goddamn!
#12Hucast9Posted 12/5/2012 8:09:57 AM
LeftWid3Open posted...
I am considering trading Black Ops 2 in for Halo 4, maybe because I'm feeling burned out on COD. Do you believe that would be a wise choice?

Wise choice if you like Halo gameplay. Personally I prefer not having to hit other players 10 millions times to kill them a.k.a Halo gameplay.

I already sold my copy of Black Ops 2. The on-line has the worst lag I have ever seen in a first person shooter. You can hip fire your gun, and somehow the enmy will have time to aim, fire, and kill. You'll shoot enemies from the side or rear, and somehow they will turn around and kill you. This is with NAT open and ports forwarded too. Activision and Treyarch should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a game that made $500 on day 1 and on its way to a billion dollars, yet the game is absolute crap when it comes to connection stability.
#13HELZEROPosted 12/5/2012 8:49:21 AM
Yes H4 is amazing. Not like most halos mp wise. And COD is finally showing its age to the point where its not even fun anymore.
#14faris_ruhiPosted 12/5/2012 8:58:10 AM(edited)
Sell black ops 2 on craigslist or a similar site (not ebay) and you'll get around $50 for it. Don't trade it in.

I have Halo 4, but after playing Black Ops 2, I want to get it eventually as well, not at full price though. Both provide different experiences.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#15Solid SonicPosted 12/5/2012 8:56:27 AM
There was a sale about a week ago where you could get both games for a discount.

I would have jumped on it but it seemed like a bad impulse buy. I want both, though.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#16KOTRwhoopsPosted 12/5/2012 9:01:05 AM
I bought both:

Halo 4 - Great campaign and the only Halo multiplayer I've ever enjoyed.
Black Ops 2 - bought it last week, it's now on eBay to be sold. I fell for it, the game is just the same old thing. Boring.
---
PLAYING - Far Cry 3 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#17L0ZPosted 12/5/2012 9:12:23 AM
no. I feel that you should rotate the games every couple days to keep it fresh. also throw some battlefield 3 in there
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#18dannyaqPosted 12/5/2012 9:41:36 AM
well for single player i'm way more about call of duty. for multiplayer, it depends on what you are looking for. Both are similar enough to the previous games how burned out you are on the past version will matter. halo 4 does improve on what i felt was the worst part of halo reach, being stuck with limited chpices for loadouts which made for much monotony. with this you can't specialize nearly as much as cod (you basically always need a rifle) but you can go for an anti vehicle load out or close quarters loadout (plus rifle) or whatever. I also like the visual style better. and the maps are a little better though still not as good as halo 3. and for that matter I still like the play of halo 3 overall. the other changes like the ordinance drops really don't affect the game much unless you were hardcore into the tournament scene. The leveling up and unlocking aspect isn't nearly as satisfying as it is in cod (can't quite put my finger on why). with cod i found it enjoyable, with halo 4, I found it simply an annoying barrier to the guns i wanted to use. and I'm not a fan at all of the co-op replacement horde mode whatever its called now. It feels so aimless and forgiving. All the mission boil down to kill all the guys on the map or kill this bunch of guy, move up and kill the next bunch of guys and repeat. But you can't lose, you endlessly respwan without going back a checkpoint or anything. They may as well have just kept it like the old firefight where it was designed to just be a survival thing or a high score attack.

I enjoyed black ops 2 a lot more but that is mostly because I was burned out on reach and last cod I played was modern warfare 2. You have it so i won't bother going over it. I'm assuming you are pretty familiar with halo reach (or at least halo 3). It basically comes down to keep what you have or get an improved but still feels the same halo reach. If you are burned out on reach though I'd stick with cod. if for no other reason, halo 4 will drop in price faster and sooner and you can pick it up later.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#19dannyaqPosted 12/5/2012 9:45:19 AM
L0Z posted...
no. I feel that you should rotate the games every couple days to keep it fresh. also throw some battlefield 3 in there

oh god no, that is how you betray your teammates by accidentally pressing the grenade button thinking its the zoom in button. I can't switch games with similar but important differences in controls. Muscle memory ruins things or else I play noticibly worse because I don't have that muscle memory.I'll play one game for a while then switch and suck for like half a week before I can make the switch over.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#20third_eye_zero0Posted 12/5/2012 9:46:06 AM
Just Redbox Halo first. If you like it and feel it would be worth trading CoD for then do it. It just sucks to regret later..