This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst games this year

#1SubZeroChief23Posted 12/5/2012 7:46:25 AM
Resident Evil 6
Assassin's Creed 3
Ninja Gaiden 3
Resident Evil ORC

Just awful.
#2Solid SonicPosted 12/5/2012 7:47:38 AM
As much as it makes me sad to throw it on: Street Fighter X Tekken.

With all the great 3D fighting game options out there in 2012 (and even Skullgirls), SFxT is just supremely mediocre.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#3Arucard05Posted 12/5/2012 7:48:51 AM
I haven't played any really awful games so I guess the worst I've played is either ORC or Resident Evil 6.

Man, that series needs a reboot.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#4Assassin_X_GethPosted 12/5/2012 8:12:46 AM
Halo 4
COD: BO 2

Did Saints Row 3 come out this year? The game is such a flop compared to the other ones.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#5656stoogePosted 12/5/2012 8:22:29 AM
That I played?

...probably Silent Hill Downpour. The way they handled the whole patch just pissed me off.
---
*SPOILERS*----Mario dies!!!
#6HeliosAscensionPosted 12/5/2012 8:24:17 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I haven't played any really awful games so I guess the worst I've played is either ORC or Resident Evil 6.

Man, that series needs a reboot.

Weren't those both a reboot of sorts? I'll definitely agreetthey were both awful .
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#7pothocketPosted 12/5/2012 8:26:26 AM
Max Payne 3.

Complete trash. R* has done more harm to gaming with their catering to the casual crowd than any other developer this generation. R* cared more about mass appeal by making games with simple bare bones gameplay and pretty pretty cutscenes than they did about actually making games that will hold up over time.

R* = casual games. Deal with it.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8KevoCSCSPosted 12/5/2012 8:34:50 AM
I hope Gamespot nominates Resident Evil 6 for worst game of the year. It was a terrible terrible game and one of the worst sequels I have ever played.

I thought Resident Evil 5 was underwhelming but Resident Evil 6 made me nostalgic for 5.
#9SubZeroChief23(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:15:02 AM
pothocket posted...
Max Payne 3.

Complete trash. R* has done more harm to gaming with their catering to the casual crowd than any other developer this generation. R* cared more about mass appeal by making games with simple bare bones gameplay and pretty pretty cutscenes than they did about actually making games that will hold up over time.

R* = casual games. Deal with it.

I doubt a casual could handle the difficulty of Max Payne 3.
#10King_Of_SpamPosted 12/5/2012 9:27:24 AM
Resident Evil ORC
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
Black Ops 2
Mass Effect 3
NeverDead
Soul Calibur V
Street Fighter X Tekken
Lollipop Chainsaw
Xenoblade
DoA5

Just a few I can think of off the top of my head.