This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst games this year

#11Solid SonicPosted 12/5/2012 9:27:53 AM
I resent SC5 and DoA5. This has been a fantastic year for 3D fighting games.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#12BacklogPosted 12/5/2012 9:39:54 AM(edited)
Worst game would have to be probably some shovelware title on the Wii or DS.

EDIT: Just remembered, the worst game I've played this year was Table Soccer on Vita. It's a free downloadable game. Definitely one of the worst titles that I have ever played.
---
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4 GHz | 2GB GeForce GTX 670 | 8GB 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H | 1TB HDD |
Gamertag: The Evil Zombie / PSN: invincibleonion
#13SoF-RamboPosted 12/5/2012 9:39:58 AM
pothocket posted...
Max Payne 3.

Complete trash. R* has done more harm to gaming with their catering to the casual crowd than any other developer this generation. R* cared more about mass appeal by making games with simple bare bones gameplay and pretty pretty cutscenes than they did about actually making games that will hold up over time.

R* = casual games. Deal with it.

Sounds like someone who didn't care for the story elements. You people are the reason most games have stupid single player (MW, BF3, list goes on)
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#14Robin_MaskPosted 12/5/2012 9:40:07 AM
Resident Evil Raccoon City
Resident Evil 6
NINJA GAIDEN 3 (LOL Sigma version coming out later anyway, still not buying it)
Assassin's Creed 3
SoulCalibur V (way to just take off a lot of characters to replace them with ****ty ones)
Street Fighter X Tekken (straight out sucks)
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#15Solid SonicPosted 12/5/2012 9:40:36 AM
You people are the reason most games have stupid single player (MW, BF3, list goes on)

Well, allow me to interject: I actually like the plot of the MW series.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#16pothocketPosted 12/5/2012 9:48:09 AM
SoF-Rambo posted...
pothocket posted...
Max Payne 3.

Complete trash. R* has done more harm to gaming with their catering to the casual crowd than any other developer this generation. R* cared more about mass appeal by making games with simple bare bones gameplay and pretty pretty cutscenes than they did about actually making games that will hold up over time.

R* = casual games. Deal with it.

Sounds like someone who didn't care for the story elements. You people are the reason most games have stupid single player (MW, BF3, list goes on)

The story elements were childish. It was like a kid's idea of what makes an R rated movie cool. This is the cause of stupid single player, not gamers who just want to shut up and play. It's one thing to fill your game with cutscenes, it's another to fill it with cutscenes that are barely coherent or sensical.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#17NixemoPosted 12/5/2012 9:50:02 AM
Soul Calibur V. By no means a TERRIBLE game, but is a huge step back compared to previous games in the series. Developers of all games need to remember that not all people buy a game solely for multiplayer... single player should be a decently meaty experience as well.
---
Visit my gaming site: www.thegameasylum.com
AC: City Folk - Name: Alex - City: Viridian - Friend Code: 0173-8160-2616
#18MrMikeMaPosted 12/5/2012 9:55:34 AM
I am going to have to vote for Ninja Gaiden 3.

Team Ninja is no more. The current fools over at Tecmo/Koei do not deserve to retain the name, and should be forced to retire it.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#19teehee23Posted 12/5/2012 9:57:19 AM
Resident Evil Raccoon City
Ninja Gaiden 3 (Wii U version is garbage too)
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#20DakhanavarXPosted 12/5/2012 10:53:46 AM
Most people in this thread seem to be picking the worst well-known games this year, not the actual worst games overall. Lest we forget less popular games like:

- Ridge Racer on the Vita
- Steel Battalion: HA
- Amy

And the sad part is, it actually get even worse if you start going after generic mini-game compilations or the endless sea of mobile games. (Shovelware in general)

I assure you, it gets worse than Max Payne 3 or SCV...a lot worse.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library