This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favourite/Best Game Endings?

#1TrueFinalePosted 12/5/2012 10:03:02 AM
Having played some recent games with uninteresting or bad endings (looking at you Hitman Absolution) and then finishing a few games that came out a few years ago (NIER and Bioshock 2), what games had great endings that you found memorable or maybe one of the all time best?

(Let's leave Assassin's Creed out, I've only played the first 3 instalments of the game, and each ending got more confusing then the previous)
---
If everyone's opinion & values are the same, the human world would be 'perfect' and at peace.
~ I need to return some DVDs
#2SunDevil77Posted 12/5/2012 10:23:49 AM
Red Dead Redemption...wonderful ending.

Also, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
---
Kansas is full of good men, I don't want to be a good man. I want to be a great one.
#3ramseanGoodbyePosted 12/5/2012 10:46:39 AM
Silent Hill Shattered Memories like bioshock's but it's twice as effective as it happens right t the end instead of an hour and a bit from the end.

Journey's whole ending sequence is also amazing
#4Iceman83Posted 12/5/2012 10:48:23 AM
Halo 2
Mass Effect 3

*Runs*
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
#5AApt24Posted 12/5/2012 10:50:37 AM
I would say the original Mass Effect has to be up there.

I would also put Skies of Arcadia up there, mainly because its one of the few games that ends exactly the way its supposed to.
---
"This Year in Jerusalem."
#6zyxomma100Posted 12/5/2012 1:02:30 PM
Portal 2 has my favorite video game ending ever. It really blew me away and stood out, which is saying something because the rest of the game was so brilliant.

Going back many years, the ending to Halo 1 was wonderfully action-packed. The Warthog was a great way to end that game.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but the final cutscenes of Eternal Sonata were amazing. (They were also almost an hour long.) You already probably know what's going to happen, but the moment when Frederic Chopin is choosing between dreams and reality in an internal monologue is just so emotional and uplifting. It helps that the voice actor for Chopin does a perfect job, and that the aria that plays during the credits is so beautiful. (Ignore everyone talking during the credits, though. Their drivel is annoying.)

I'll throw in a surprise and say that the final cutscene to Tomb Raider Legend was damn near perfect. It managed to be emotional, action-packed, suspenseful, and satisfying, all in a few short minutes. It answered the questions you had about the story while throwing in a few surprises and set up the sequels very nicely. It reminds me that I own and still need to play said sequels.
#7KtuluheroIIPosted 12/5/2012 1:07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvKGqNWKhxk

Manly tears were shed.
---
WINNING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hLduV1p88
#8DoukouPosted 12/5/2012 1:25:11 PM
Recently, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
---
Don't read this sig.
#9MrRoamPosted 12/5/2012 1:34:27 PM
I just bought the Transformer game and it's been sitting there....I guess I should finally take a look.
---
Mave
#10randomweirdoPosted 12/5/2012 1:40:03 PM
On the Xbox - Lost Odyssey. I thought it a very satisfying ending.

Of all time - I'd say a tie between Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and its sequel. Both had downright amazing endings. The first game's ending made me so eager for the sequel that I imported the sequel, and I never import games. The second had me crying in so many spots. I'd add in the third game there, but the part that had me very moved was actually not the ending.