This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People who feel burnt by Call of Duty...

#1Solid SonicPosted 12/5/2012 9:50:16 AM
Have you been coming back year after year?

I just want to know if the sentiment that this series is stuck in its ways only applies if you've been playing each installment since...I guess 4 (that seems to be the point where everyone got on the bandwagon). I personally haven't been playing CoD much since 4.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#2The MeatmanPosted 12/5/2012 9:56:29 AM
COD is a good series. However, if you play COD only for multiplayer, you will be fine just sticking with any one game of the series between MW1 - BLOPS 2.
---
Do you like the taste of meat in your mouth?
#3Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:57:31 AM
I want to get back in with Black Ops II (I was interested in doing so with MW3 but...I didn't get that game until last month...at a thrift store >_>).
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#4CapwnDPosted 12/5/2012 12:17:50 PM
COD is a good series. However, if you play COD only for multiplayer, you will be fine just sticking with any one game of the series between MW1 - BLOPS 2.

Really? Because I get tired of it after a few months, or at least at some point before the next November. I mean I'll go back and play the old games, but for hours every night? Nah.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#5DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/5/2012 12:18:50 PM
You should feel burnt by every Sonic game since the first SA
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#6Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:20:12 PM

That is neither here nor there and I'll kindly ask that you see yourself out.
---
#7TheIastspartanPosted 12/5/2012 12:34:37 PM
DXiRoNMaN posted...

Not really. There's been a lot of mediocre Sonic games in the past few gens, but at least they change up the formula each title.

On topic, I stopped after the first Black Ops. I'm sure they're still good games, but the lack of innovation killed the series for me.
#8gldooriiPosted 12/5/2012 12:35:32 PM
I get burnt out after playing it for too long in one sitting, but stopping and coming back to it day after day is perfectly fine for me. Being able to have different modes or even Zombies/Hostels breaks it up too, but yea... after awhile you do get burnt out like any other game. Thankfully, CoD always brings the same experience game after game, so you KNOW you're going to get exactly what you are used to. Some hate this and some love it, but I love it.

Going back, however, makes me hate CoD4 and MW2 because of all the "hackers" and cheats. But from BlOps forward I love them. Yes, even MW3.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix