This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox freaks out and makes weird noises

#1glassghost0Posted 12/5/2012 11:03:51 AM
I have a Slim 250GB, and every now and then, usually when I turn it off, but it just did it right now when I went into Xbox Video, it's like the fan or disc drive goes into hyperdrive and just makes a loud whirring noise. Whenever it happens I turn it back on then off and it stops Or in this case I turned it off and back on.

Does anyone else's ever do this? I don't recall ever hearing anyone experience this, usually they say it's loud when they play games, but if you install, that won't be the case.
---
Signature OFF
#2RycerXPosted 12/5/2012 11:08:03 AM
My arcade model does that once in a while, it'll happen for like a week or two, then miraculously stop.
#3Ryan2002Posted 12/5/2012 11:15:22 AM
I read that as "Xbox freaks make out and weird noises"
Illiteracy FTW!
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://tinyurl.com/45pdkzf http://oi48.tinypic.com/ip48x1.jpg http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
#4IvanKozlovPosted 12/5/2012 11:22:31 AM
The 360 attempts to read the disc no matter what you launch, generally. I'm not sure why it does, but it does. Sometimes, even though your not playing the game in the tray, it'll still continue to read the disc. I was playing Splosion Man with BF3 in my console and the 360 continued to read the disc. Didn't make any sense.
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#5JRS511Posted 12/5/2012 2:07:22 PM
IvanKozlov posted...
The 360 attempts to read the disc no matter what you launch, generally. I'm not sure why it does, but it does. Sometimes, even though your not playing the game in the tray, it'll still continue to read the disc. I was playing Splosion Man with BF3 in my console and the 360 continued to read the disc. Didn't make any sense.

Yea mine too. I'm considering just removing every game when I'm done to prevent that.
---
"Nothing can heal you when everything burns"
#6glassghost0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 2:09:31 PM
JRS511 posted...
IvanKozlov posted...

Yea mine too. I'm considering just removing every game when I'm done to prevent that.

So it's trying to read the disc after I turn the 360 off? I know what it sounds like when playing a disc that isn't installed.

What I'm experiencing is much different
---
Signature OFF
#7IvanKozlovPosted 12/5/2012 3:30:54 PM
glassghost0 posted...
JRS511 posted...
IvanKozlov posted...

So it's trying to read the disc after I turn the 360 off? I know what it sounds like when playing a disc that isn't installed.

What I'm experiencing is much different

Can you get a video of it and show us?
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.