This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not a single surprise announcement at the VGA's this year?

#1Heartless18Posted 12/5/2012 11:23:59 AM
The show is on Friday and there hasn't been any teases about exclusive reveals or anything exciting happening this year. I realize that most of the reveals are just 30 second CGI trailers, but it's still nice to have something to look forward to. I'm guessing we'll just see new trailers for games that are already announced.
---
Breaking Hearts With Every Heartbeat
#2nothingbeastPosted 12/5/2012 11:30:01 AM
Knowledge of a surprise kind of makes it something else, don't you think?
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#3TheBlueStigPosted 12/5/2012 11:33:54 AM
I will constantly wonder when people will finally realize that the Spike VGA's are the game industry equivalent of a Fashion Show run by the Mob. No substance, all fluff, all crap that doesn't matter to the majority of the gaming population, and the "winners" are chosen by the highest bidder.
#4OkayPlayer1Posted 12/5/2012 11:53:39 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
I will constantly wonder when people will finally realize that the Spike VGA's are the game industry equivalent of a Fashion Show run by the Mob. No substance, all fluff, all crap that doesn't matter to the majority of the gaming population, and the "winners" are chosen by the highest bidder.

What does that have to do with anything the TC posted? Did you just see Spike VGA and figure it's a great time to rant about something that a vast majority of gamers believe as well? TC talks about no exclusive announcements, and regardless of your thoughts on the awards the show has been known for making such announcements and yes it seems like this year there are significantly less. Likely due to new consoles launching Fall 2013 so there aren't any announcements ready until the new consoles are announced. Next year will likely be back to old form.