This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How easy is it to get lost in Skyrim?

#1hulkhogan1Posted 12/5/2012 5:55:51 PM
I've played a little bit of it, but didn't get too into it (similar to Oblivion). Is the world large enough and full of enough side things that I could spend a long time on it? I'm looking for a game that will last me a few months to hold me over until GTA 5 comes out (though I'm also planning on replaying GTA 4, with both episodes, as well as RDR before then). Am I correct in assuming I will be able to spend that much time with Skyrim if I take my time with it?
#2infinitexxPosted 12/5/2012 5:57:46 PM
There's a lot of side content, but how long it takes to complete depends on how much you're using guides as well as how much you're fast traveling about.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#3RetroFanGirlPosted 12/5/2012 5:58:09 PM
You won't be lost in it for months unless you're easily amused. Maybe on PC with mods, but even that is stretching it.
---
Only my opinion is valid.
Confirmed by SunDevil77
#4MirageMew2Posted 12/5/2012 6:02:57 PM
You won't get lost, the game is rather linear when it comes to questing. Far Cry 3 on the other hand..
---
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
NNID: Dope _ Kharisma
#5SolGerXPosted 12/5/2012 6:06:01 PM
i would say you can get lost if you are the type of player that likes to explore or go on your own adventures. i have put in at least 400 hours into the game with like 4 different characters and haven't even finished it once. i just started FarCry 3 yesterday and i can say that im gonna get lost for a good long time in that game as well. the only thing that bothers me in FC3 is that enemies won't respawn after you take over a stronghold or a base. other than that it's awesome.
---
GamerTag: SolGer360
#6oasisbeyondPosted 12/5/2012 6:21:06 PM
Hmm turn off the hud... Tell me if you won't get lost. There's plenty to do. It's one of those games you say I'm gonna do this quest, and the next hour you've discovered a cave and got lost in what you were suppose to do.
#7vigorm0rtisPosted 12/5/2012 6:30:37 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
Hmm turn off the hud... Tell me if you won't get lost. There's plenty to do. It's one of those games you say I'm gonna do this quest, and the next hour you've discovered a cave and got lost in what you were suppose to do.

This. And the people who say they've done it all in Skyrim? They probably haven't. As samey as some of the sidequesting can get, it's probably the most content-heavy game this gen.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd