This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reccommendations for Christmas?

#1BTzzPosted 12/5/2012 7:14:12 PM
What games would you suggest I grab for Christmas? Family keeps asking what I want but I have no idea. I've tried most of the big releases this year (joy of having a rental store), any suggestions?

I like most genres and the games I enjoyed the most this year were Halo 4, Dishonored, and X-Com Enemy Unknown.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#2JRS511Posted 12/5/2012 7:32:47 PM
Far Cry 3
---
"Nothing can heal you when everything burns"
#3DeathEater30Posted 12/5/2012 7:50:08 PM
Far cry 3, borderlamds 2, Lego lord of the rings if you are a fan, and I am loving skylanders but it's a heavy investment. Also maybe hitman and walking dead.
#4BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 2:46:51 PM
bump for ideas
---
#5JukainPosted 12/6/2012 3:01:17 PM
SoulCalibur V, Lollipop Chainsaw, Darksiders II, Persona 4 Arena, and Assassin's Creed III.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#6KOTRwhoopsPosted 12/6/2012 3:01:54 PM
JRS511 posted...
Far Cry 3

Fantastic game, one of the best FPS games I've ever played.
---
PLAYING - Far Cry 3 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#7BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 3:59:33 PM(edited)
Jukain posted...
SoulCalibur V, Lollipop Chainsaw, Darksiders II, Persona 4 Arena, and Assassin's Creed III.

Thanks for the recommendations! How's Soul Calibur for someone who doesn't really like online fighters?

I have some pretty fond memories of II and III, particularly the chronicles thing in SCIII, anything like that?
---
#8SunDevil77Posted 12/6/2012 4:03:56 PM
BTzz posted...
Jukain posted...

Thanks for the recommendations! How's Soul Calibur for someone who doesn't really like online fighters?

I have some pretty fond memories of II and III, particularly the chronicles thing in SCIII, anything like that?

5 is sort of a let down for fans of 2 and 3...
I recommend Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#9JukainPosted 12/6/2012 5:17:48 PM
BTzz posted...
Jukain posted...

From a gameplay perspective, SCV is fantastic. But unless you're playing online or you have a strong offline competition, you'll probably lose interest.

The game was rushed and the offline modes are very incomplete and lacking and there is very little replay value for people who liked the modes like Chronicles of the Sword or Weapon Master Mode because those things are just not here. The story mode takes about two, three hours tops to get through and the rest of the modes are basically the same idea in different ways which boil down to mindless fighting for no real explained reason. Unlockables are sparse, except for character customization items that are unlocked as you level up. There is no art gallery, weapon demonstration, profile gallery, any extra frill you could think of as far as game modes and unlockable content.

But it's an amazing fighting game and the most competitive since SC II. If you're a competitive fighter, you won't be disappointed.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#10DyingPancakePosted 12/6/2012 5:28:23 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
BTzz posted...
Jukain posted...

5 is sort of a let down for fans of 2 and 3...
I recommend Mortal Kombat 9 Komplete

Yes

Am I the only one who relates Mortal Kombat games to Christmas?

Some of my favorite Christmas memories as a child was getting a MK game and trying to learn everything
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2