This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reccommendations for Christmas?

#11BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:34:23 PM
Jukain posted...
BTzz posted...
Jukain posted...
SoulCalibur V, Lollipop Chainsaw, Darksiders II, Persona 4 Arena, and Assassin's Creed III.

Thanks for the recommendations! How's Soul Calibur for someone who doesn't really like online fighters?

I have some pretty fond memories of II and III, particularly the chronicles thing in SCIII, anything like that?

From a gameplay perspective, SCV is fantastic. But unless you're playing online or you have a strong offline competition, you'll probably lose interest.

The game was rushed and the offline modes are very incomplete and lacking and there is very little replay value for people who liked the modes like Chronicles of the Sword or Weapon Master Mode because those things are just not here. The story mode takes about two, three hours tops to get through and the rest of the modes are basically the same idea in different ways which boil down to mindless fighting for no real explained reason. Unlockables are sparse, except for character customization items that are unlocked as you level up. There is no art gallery, weapon demonstration, profile gallery, any extra frill you could think of as far as game modes and unlockable content.

But it's an amazing fighting game and the most competitive since SC II. If you're a competitive fighter, you won't be disappointed.

Thank you very much. I'm more of a casual fighting game player but I do appreciate you taking the time to explain it to me.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits