This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FC3 open world is amazing but JC2 is still king imo

#21rttnPosted 12/6/2012 1:03:28 AM
I actually just bought JC2 & some of its Dlc the other day. I was going to get FC3, but decided I'd wait for a good deal on it.

Air Propulsion gun is so much fun.

JC2 is best played on a PC with multiplayer mod if you have a good enough one, I don't.
---
GT: rttnCRAFT
I want Skate 4 NOW!!
#22Dragon NexusPosted 12/6/2012 10:17:58 AM
This. I'd take RDR open world over JC2 any day. Stratch that, GTA4s

There's not much to do in those either...
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#23Arucard05Posted 12/6/2012 10:30:04 AM
With JC2's map, you have to make your own fun. I'm really good at making my own fun.

JC2 > All
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#24CapnStankyPosted 12/6/2012 10:32:02 AM
JC2 is repetitive as hell, but it's also great fun to just traverse. My favorite open world.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#25pothocketPosted 12/6/2012 10:36:40 AM
In FC3 my current favorite open world activity is cliff jeeping.

Step 1 - Get in jeep
Step 2 - Drive jeep towards cliff
Step 3 - try not to die

I also enjoy watching the locals get mauled by tigers.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#26Arucard05Posted 12/6/2012 11:24:03 AM
One of my favorite things to do in JC2 was:

Use the grappling hook to connect a ATV to a plane.
Fly the plane and get it to top speed.
Try to not explode/vomit/go back in time.

What happens is a pendulum effect with the ATV that starts slowly but builds speed until it's spinning around your plane a hundred times a second.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#27madgreg666Posted 12/6/2012 12:18:56 PM
WHAT!!! I knew NOTHING of Just Cause 3..... Im pumped right now..... To answer TCs question, I cant, because thats all I read was the link to JC3, the went there. Thusly pumping me up!
---
XBL: madgregXTX
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX - 1750miles - Wheres the snow? Not in New England anymore!
#28stawg007Posted 12/6/2012 12:26:52 PM
glassghost0 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
go 100% that game and tell me that wasnt a lot to do ALL OVER the map.. Plus it had realistically sized atmosphere... most games Forrest areas consist of 25 trees :P

and its size hardly was the reason its still the best realistically built open world game ( not talking about its gameplay )

yeah, but it's all repetitive

This

I only put about 12 hours into it but it was the same thing all the time

Blow something up or collect boxes! It's a fun game, pretty and a good game but if you're gonna make an open world game you need to have variety, JC2 just doesn't have that IMO
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl
#29Dragon NexusPosted 12/6/2012 12:53:26 PM
if you're gonna make an open world game you need to have variety, JC2 just doesn't have that IMO

JC2 is a game that you get out of what you put in, really.
It's a true sandbox in that respect. It dumps you in there, gives you some toys and says "Have fun, honey! I'll be back later. Don't eat the sand!"
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#30rttnPosted 12/6/2012 1:01:24 PM
I think everyone who is focused on the repetitive side to the game is playing it wrong IMO. It's about the extremely corny story and the hilarity of the VA. As well as just having fun in the massive beautiful world Avalanche provided, it begs for exploration and gives you something to do along the way and that is causing "Mayhem". However you want with the tools and objects available.

GtaIV has about the same amount of things to do. One is a City, The other a Jungle Island. Both Beautiful and begging for creativity.
---
GT: rttnCRAFT
400msp will get you Bloody Good Time. If you don't have it, you should.