This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Beyond Good and Evil Improve?

#1Blade_Of_IcePosted 12/5/2012 9:53:42 PM
I played the demo and i gotta say i really didnt care for it, does the game get better after a certain point, cause its on sale right now and i don't want to miss out on this gem if it improves later on.
#2Gurn BlanstonPosted 12/5/2012 9:59:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3SheepinatorPosted 12/5/2012 10:18:01 PM
TC, that was one of the my favorite games from last gen. I thought it was like Zelda, except much better. It had a good story, different kinds of gameplay including boats and chase scenes etc. But I also imagine it looks and feels a bit dated now, and if you're not feeling it after the demo I'm not sure you'd miss having the game.

As an aside, if you haven't tried it, check out Outland also on sale. Definitely a hidden gem. It's a bit of platforming MetroidVania style with a cool gameplay mechanic ripped from the great shooter Ikaruga.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4Blade_Of_Ice(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:20:45 PM
Sheepinator posted...
TC, that was one of the my favorite games from last gen. I thought it was like Zelda, except much better. It had a good story, different kinds of gameplay including boats and chase scenes etc. But I also imagine it looks and feels a bit dated now, and if you're not feeling it after the demo I'm not sure you'd miss having the game.

As an aside, if you haven't tried it, check out Outland also on sale. Definitely a hidden gem. It's a bit of platforming MetroidVania style with a cool gameplay mechanic ripped from the great shooter Ikaruga.

Graphics are acceptable for its age, but i really dont care for the character designs, and the opening of the game really didnt interest me enough to want to continue.

and i got outland the moment it came out, easily one of the best arcade games to come out.
#5gr8twhtePosted 12/5/2012 10:33:15 PM
Amazing game. But I played it years ago so who knows, it may not have aged well.
#6NIN_tendoPosted 12/5/2012 10:35:13 PM
It's short, the story isn't memorable or notable in any way, and every element such as chases/puzzles are very shallow. It's a good game but criminally overrated. It always cracks me up when people compare it to Zelda.
---
Wii FC 3756-1965-4560-5571
360 GT xX NIN tendo
#7SheepinatorPosted 12/5/2012 10:41:02 PM
NIN_tendo posted...
It's short, the story isn't memorable or notable in any way, and every element such as chases/puzzles are very shallow. It's a good game but criminally overrated. It always cracks me up when people compare it to Zelda.

Put "Beyond Good and Evil Zelda" into Google, tons of hits, you'll be laughing for hours. On the first page:

I Can't Believe It's Not Zelda! - Destructoid
Beyond Good and Evil: Zelda, if it weren't Zelda
It's Zelda for grown-ups, without the annoying fetch-quests.
Beyond Good & Evil It's the closest thing you'll ever see to a Zelda game without those trademark Nintendo fingerprints

---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#8Shamrock99Posted 12/5/2012 10:51:48 PM
Wonderful game.
---
http://tinyurl.com/b2t6fzs http://tinyurl.com/a99se6y http://tinyurl.com/av5t4o6
http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat
#9NIN_tendoPosted 12/5/2012 10:52:27 PM
Sheepinator posted...
NIN_tendo posted...

Put "Beyond Good and Evil Zelda" into Google, tons of hits, you'll be laughing for hours. On the first page:

I Can't Believe It's Not Zelda! - Destructoid
Beyond Good and Evil: Zelda, if it weren't Zelda
It's Zelda for grown-ups, without the annoying fetch-quests.
Beyond Good & Evil It's the closest thing you'll ever see to a Zelda game without those trademark Nintendo fingerprints

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.
---
Wii FC 3756-1965-4560-5571
360 GT xX NIN tendo
#10SolidSnake163Posted 12/5/2012 11:17:58 PM
Imo its overrated because its considered underrated. The hype of its underratedness hurt it I think for me. I bought and played it the first time on xbla because everyone saying how great it was and how it was a suprise gem of last gen. Well I think if I played it last gen I would have liked it even more before all the cult hype.its a solid game but not as good as what peeps make it out to be. Its worth 800 msp though.
---
Gamertag: SFODD163