This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Beyond Good and Evil Improve?

#21SunDevil77Posted 12/6/2012 7:04:37 AM
Arucard05 posted...
That game is the only thing worse than RobotBlog.

Besides Pepsi.

Don't listen to that guy. He thinks Angry Birds and Cut the Rope are the greatest games ever made.

Hey now, Cut the Rope deserves a little credit. That little green guy is cute as s***.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#22Solid SonicPosted 12/6/2012 7:20:18 AM
Oh gawd, everyone's gonna call the game overrated in this topic.

It's like the general opinion of this game flip-flopped between generations. Last gen it was called stellar.

I need to dedicate more time to it.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#23Banana_ManaPosted 12/6/2012 8:44:11 AM
NIN_tendo posted...
Sheepinator posted...
NIN_tendo posted...
It's short, the story isn't memorable or notable in any way, and every element such as chases/puzzles are very shallow. It's a good game but criminally overrated. It always cracks me up when people compare it to Zelda.

Put "Beyond Good and Evil Zelda" into Google, tons of hits, you'll be laughing for hours. On the first page:

I Can't Believe It's Not Zelda! - Destructoid
Beyond Good and Evil: Zelda, if it weren't Zelda
It's Zelda for grown-ups, without the annoying fetch-quests.
Beyond Good & Evil It's the closest thing you'll ever see to a Zelda game without those trademark Nintendo fingerprints

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.

You ever played Zelda?

It seems like you have no idea what you are talking about.

BG&E is a great game, and very similar to Zelda.
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#24Arucard05Posted 12/6/2012 9:00:57 AM
You ever played Zelda?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It's crazy to deny the similarities.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#25GawdDawgsPosted 12/6/2012 9:04:39 AM
It was one of my favorite games last gen, and imo, it still holds up today (for the most part). This is an action-adventure game, with more emphasis on the adventure elements than the action ones. If you're expecting a lot of gun shooting or hacking and slashing, you'll be disappointed.

The only thing that didn't age too well is the camera, and this might be something that's only in the XBLA version, since I have no memory at all of having frustrations with the camera back on PS2. There are times you really have to babysit the camera, especially when you're in a vehicle. Oh, and there's the whole lack of inverted option, but that never bothered me.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#26bob15xPosted 12/6/2012 11:53:10 AM
I was going to buy it, but is it still true that you can't invert the look? Did they patch that because I cannot play without inverted up and down.
#27seankimberley42Posted 12/6/2012 12:04:26 PM
Arucard05 posted...
You ever played Zelda?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It's crazy to deny the similarities.

You really can't compare much here. Hell people get mad when you compare CoD to Battlefield. You know, comparing two competitive online-focused modern first person shooters is sacrilegious when one has vehicles you can pick up and control while the other only has vehicles you can get from scorestreaks and control.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#28captpluto99Posted 12/6/2012 12:15:12 PM
bob15x posted...
I was going to buy it, but is it still true that you can't invert the look? Did they patch that because I cannot play without inverted up and down.

No patch and if they haven't done it by now, they're probably not going to do one.
#29SlimeSwayzePosted 12/6/2012 12:19:00 PM
I loved it when I first played it, even though it wasn't quite the open-world/exploration experience I had expected it to be based on the dev's own descriptions prior to release. I tried playing the game again after downloading it on XBLA about a year ago, and I just couldn't get into it again. It's a good game, but not the classic a lot of people like to make it out to be. You can pass on it and not miss out on too much.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.