This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many on demand games do you own?

#41Perfect LightPosted 12/6/2012 10:14:58 PM
Banana_Mana posted...
I don't think people buy from GoD because they are too lazy to change a disc (I for one keep DLed games on USBs and need to change them anyway). GoD is great for buying games when you want to play something new instantly. I usually buy from GoD on a Friday night - so I can play, and therefore have a fun Friday night. I could wait until Saturday, but that ruins the fun of impulse buying something to use immediately. It also doesn't solve my 'what the s*** do I play tonight' problem.

Also, for me I have to drive 20 minutes or so to the nearest game store, pay 5 for parking, and of course drive back - the cost adds up, and buying from the store isn't that much cheaper in the end.

Online is great, but if you don't want to wait and have the cash to pay a little extra for instant gratification then why not?

I never said everyone is too lazy to change discs, but there are people in this very topic giving that exact reason. And obviously in your situation it's more convenient and cost-effective to just use GoD. However, I live only minutes from multiple stores which sell games and don't mind waiting for Amazon to ship me games, either. So as I said, GoD doesn't give me very many advantages.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new
#42Banana_ManaPosted 12/7/2012 12:17:53 AM
Perfect Light posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
I don't think people buy from GoD because they are too lazy to change a disc (I for one keep DLed games on USBs and need to change them anyway). GoD is great for buying games when you want to play something new instantly. I usually buy from GoD on a Friday night - so I can play, and therefore have a fun Friday night. I could wait until Saturday, but that ruins the fun of impulse buying something to use immediately. It also doesn't solve my 'what the s*** do I play tonight' problem.

Also, for me I have to drive 20 minutes or so to the nearest game store, pay 5 for parking, and of course drive back - the cost adds up, and buying from the store isn't that much cheaper in the end.

Online is great, but if you don't want to wait and have the cash to pay a little extra for instant gratification then why not?

I never said everyone is too lazy to change discs, but there are people in this very topic giving that exact reason. And obviously in your situation it's more convenient and cost-effective to just use GoD. However, I live only minutes from multiple stores which sell games and don't mind waiting for Amazon to ship me games, either. So as I said, GoD doesn't give me very many advantages.

Perfect Light posted...
I am not so lazy that I can't walk five feet and switch a disc, plus when I play a game I usually only play one game at a time and finish it before I start another, meaning I don't have to get up constantly.

You posted this as an argument against GoD. It seems to suggest laziness as a reason for buying from GoD.

Anyway,

There are people who seem to hate changing discs - it's not something I ever thought a burden, but some folks just plain detest it... Then again, some folks are idiots.

I like to play multiple games at a time... And tend to swap discs a fair bit. I do love seeing games on my shelves... Would prefer hard copies to digital copies, but the convenience of downloading digitally is nice.

The big issue I have with digital copies is the space they take up. I have 2 hard drives, and 4 USBs full of GoD / Arcade / Indie titles, and I need to get some more - recently deleted Tales of Vesperia, Bully (although I f****** hate that game), and Alone in the Dark (really bad game though - not sure I care enough to redownload) to make room for DLC (Skyrim, Borderlands 2).

I wish I could use external hard drives with no space limitation. I have a 500gb external with NOTHING on it, which would fit all of my games easily.

First world problems, eh?
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#43wneissPosted 12/7/2012 12:36:10 AM
Just a few

Alan Wake
Gears 1
Battlefield BC 2
---
PS2, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP-1000, DS Lite, DSi XL, RetroDuo SNES/NES
Playing: Tales of Legendia, Skyrim, Phantasy Star Universe
#44DividerByZeroPosted 12/7/2012 12:38:44 AM
NFS Hot Pursuit
Mass Effect 1
Rock Band 3
RE4, technically.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg
#45Red OrcPosted 12/7/2012 1:27:17 AM
Shadowrun
5 bucks used at Gamestop.
20 bucks on demand.
Still worth every penny not having to hear the disc spin even once when starting it up.
Odd though, if you install the disc version to harddrive it is 3.4gig, but the on demand was only 3.0gig. (or vice versa, I forget)
#46blakbird13Posted 12/7/2012 1:37:32 AM
twa556 posted...
Fable 2 maybe? I own a physical copy though.
Dead space 1
Mirrors edge
Darksiders
Maybe one more I can't remember.

If you're talking about them removing Fable2 from the market it's back up again...

I own a lot of GOD and PSN full games... I have a bad habit of giving my games to my nephews even before I play them... I have a job they don't two are to young to work... Plus when people come over for the holidays I have one system that they are bought on and one that has my profile... So everyone gets to play and I don't have to worry about the games getting messed up...
---
I want a Champions of Norrath HD collection...
#47CourtofOwlsPosted 12/7/2012 1:45:50 AM

code veronica and deathsmiles 2
#48Super CreaturesPosted 12/7/2012 1:53:02 AM(edited)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Super_Creatures/games/owned?platform=1029

Weed out Resident Evil 5, Dragon Age 2, Alice: Madness Returns, as well as the DLC, XBLA, and indie games, and include the GoD version of DAO instead of the CE (which I do still own, and GameFAQs won't let you choose that you own both a digital copy and a physical copy), and there is the list of GoD games I own.

Lego: Star Wars III was free (code that a generous user posted here after buying a 320GB HDD that it came with), Kameo and Conan were bought during that 75% off GoD sale, Bioshock and Bioshock 2 were bought during the DotW at the end of October, and RE4 was bought during the Shocktober sale.

A few others may have also been bought at a discount (Edit: Oblivion was as well, when it was $10 during a 1-day sale, a few months before the permanent price dropped to $15).

And the biggest reason I purchase GoD games (all of which have been $20 or less) is because the DVD drive in my 360 doesn't work, would cost too much for me to repair, and buying a new console is way out of my price range at the moment.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#49Stubbled_PS3Posted 12/7/2012 1:49:34 AM
Tales of Vesperia
Catherine
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Resident Evil 4
Left 4 Dead 2
The Gunstringer
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Portal 2
Burnout Paradise

10 games total. Got most when they were on sale. Got some since they are cheaper then the physical options.
---
360 GT--- Stubbled CRT1
#50rofflchopperPosted 12/7/2012 1:56:46 AM
Only GTA SA. I wouldn't be against buying more though..... almost have when they were on sale.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.