This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console gaming is screwed if we have another gen like this one.

#11shawnmckPosted 12/6/2012 11:44:51 AM
DyingPancake posted...
This gen has been one of the best ever

I think we'll be fine for the next go round

^ I agree

Some people (like the TC) just enjoy acting like chicken-littles.
#12Pacman2dxPosted 12/6/2012 11:48:50 AM(edited)
Always end these kinda things with a ''in my opinion'' TC .. people will either get a chuckle agree or disagree and then leave the thread.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
'' If your heart is bleeding make the best of it -- there's heat in freezing be a testament '' ..
#13BlueJester007Posted 12/6/2012 11:49:59 AM
Hey Hey Hey!

It's fat jester! And I'm gonna sing a song for youooo!
You might even learn a thing or two...

...like consoles dying out due to an increase in mobile gaming.

-_-
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#14SheepinatorPosted 12/6/2012 12:00:54 PM
There will always be people who enjoy high end gaming on consoles on their sofa in front of the big screen. The only problem is, who's going to make the games if there aren't enough people willing to spend enough to make it a profitable business? Other than the few very big franchises like CoD, GTA, FIFA, etc. This business model for sucks for everyone except those few, and with the next generation their costs will go higher too.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#15SlimeSwayzePosted 12/6/2012 12:09:48 PM
Console gaming is screwed if we have too many gamers like the TC.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#16stawg007Posted 12/6/2012 12:10:29 PM
This gen has been one of the worst ever

Greedy devs, online passes, overpriced/held back/on disc dlc, lack of gaming variety compared to past gens

Don't get me wrong, there has been quality games this gen but as a whole I'd definitely consider it terrible compared to the last 2 gens at least

I can only see it getting worse next gen
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl
#17E_A_D_I_EPosted 12/6/2012 12:12:34 PM
Deja vu all over. This topic was done very recently and I swear the opening post reads the same.
---
Don't look at me, I'm too pretty :p
#18pothocketPosted 12/6/2012 12:13:25 PM
That's good to hear,TC, because I was planning on buying a 40 inch phone to replace my TV.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#19SupernautusPosted 12/6/2012 12:14:03 PM
Oh yeah, mobile gaming is such a threat that Zynga the company majorly behind this theory released Angry Birds on consoles, Console gaming is still miles better than gaming on a Tablet or phone, and will remain that way for quite some time, and to be honest, I've enjoyed this generation quite a lot, and I've been gaming since before the NES.
#20NintendologicalPosted 12/6/2012 12:14:19 PM
I was expecting something a bit more elegant and thoroughly thought out. Perhaps an observation anout rising costs or the continually blurred line between consoles and PCs that render consoles as unnecessary. Mobile gaming is a threat to gaming, but only in the realm of handhelds. Vita and DS have the most to lose. An iPad or Galaxy Tab offer impressive titles to be sire, but none fully comparable to a console.
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia