This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console gaming is screwed if we have another gen like this one.

#71crucialPosted 12/6/2012 6:29:17 PM
Only if the Obama phone get's free Obama app's with the phone's the console's will be just fine.

Console's will never die,have you played Skyrim on you're phone as of late?thought so it's apple's and oranges,and when it comes time MS will mix the mediums 2gether for full profit's.
#72TheBlueStigPosted 12/6/2012 6:32:06 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Costs have gone up and they haven't been passed on, yet gamers are greedier than ever. But these are the days of the entitlement generation, they mistake wanting everything for free for expecting everything should be free.

Costs haven't been passed on? Are you insane?

Combine the cost of the game on release day with the cost of all the DLC that should've come with the game. If that doubling to tripling of the cost of the game isn't "passing the cost on to the consumer", then what is?

Map packs on PC can often be made by users and are free, but those practices are being shut down on a daily basis because the developers are greedier now than ever before.

They call it "Micro-Transactions". The price of each pack is small enough and the packs are released far enough apart to "go unnoticed" by gamers. Most of them simply don't realize that they've been paying WAY more for games now than ever before.
#73ill-thoughtsPosted 12/6/2012 6:33:43 PM
this gen console was Amazing, whasamatawitcha???? gaming progressed as it should.

all we need for next gen is more fleshed out ideas, more attention to glitch management and less rushed, buggy money grab experiments.
---
i can now die a happy man http://youtu.be/jvC1q54tDGw
#74SheepinatorPosted 12/6/2012 6:45:00 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Sheepinator posted...
Costs have gone up and they haven't been passed on, yet gamers are greedier than ever. But these are the days of the entitlement generation, they mistake wanting everything for free for expecting everything should be free.

Costs haven't been passed on? Are you insane?

Combine the cost of the game on release day with the cost of all the DLC that should've come with the game. If that doubling to tripling of the cost of the game isn't "passing the cost on to the consumer", then what is?

No, costs haven't been passed on. The cost to make games has gone up from hundreds of thousands to some times $50 million or higher, yet the price at retail hasn't changed much in decades despite inflation sending everything else soaring such as movie ticket prices, food, gas, etc.

Funny that I mentioned entitlement and then you said all DLC should be free. If you're buying every piece of DLC and at full price you're doing it wrong. Most games I buy zero DLC, and often there is no DLC to buy anyway.

If you don't see you're getting better value now from gaming than ever before then you are in denial or are lying. I've had several games this gen I've played for 100 hours each, many for 40+ hours, compared to just a couple from the previous gen.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#75SunDevil77Posted 12/6/2012 6:52:40 PM
Sure, this gen might have done damage, tc. But console gaming still has tons of life in it. It might not last forever, but next gen is still far from the last generation.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#76CapwnDPosted 12/6/2012 6:56:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#77CapwnDPosted 12/6/2012 8:22:57 PM
Could the people disagreeing with the TC at-least try to present a counter argument instead of saying "lol no"?

The guy is a troll. Always has been. Why would you take a troll seriously?
---
Thrash Zone
#78TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:13:56 PM
Just to clarify, I can't stand 98 percent of mobile games, but companies are going to go where the money is. Infinity Blade was Epic's most profitable game ever and was made at a fraction of the cost that it took to make Gears of War 3.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#79SheepinatorPosted 12/6/2012 11:30:37 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Just to clarify, I can't stand 98 percent of mobile games, but companies are going to go where the money is. Infinity Blade was Epic's most profitable game ever and was made at a fraction of the cost that it took to make Gears of War 3.

Not exactly. They said the ROI % was higher. As in, to make numbers up here, maybe Infinity Blade's revenue was 10x its costs, whereas Gears revenue was 5x its costs, for example. Gears still made more profit total.

But yes, devs will go where the money is, not stick around with a broken business model hoping to become one of the top 2% or else they're screwed. I hope folks enjoy their next gen Call of Duty because they won't have many more choices.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#80CapwnDPosted 12/6/2012 11:54:47 PM
I hope folks enjoy their next gen Call of Duty because they won't have many more choices.

You're delirious if you believe that. And I'm enjoying this gen's COD just fine, if next gen's COD makes people cry as much as this gen than lmfao.
---
Thrash Zone