This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console gaming is screwed if we have another gen like this one.

#91dcn2424Posted 12/8/2012 4:00:35 AM
Sega should also compete with the neXbox for the online console gaming market share
#92SheepinatorPosted 12/8/2012 7:37:26 AM
People still miss the point. It doesn't matter how much you or I have enjoyed the games this gen. If fewer and fewer devs can actually afford to create games for consoles, then that side of the market will be in trouble. Already this cycle the publishers have struggled to make any profits, and next cycle will see higher costs plus lower install base for years, which is a recipe for bigger losses. And no, this doesn't mean the straw man "consoles will be dead!" is true either.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#93Rome218Posted 12/8/2012 7:50:54 AM
I don't understand why anyone would think that cellphone gaming would take over consoles. Cell phone games making money isn't going to halt console gaming.

There is a big market for cell phone gaming. However there is a huge market for console gaming too. I'd say most console developers will probably stick to what they know, and if some do jump ship to cell phones, another developer will probably come along to get into the console gaming market.

Just because there are movies does not mean tv series cannot exist. When gameshows became popular, movies and sitcoms did not suddenly halt. This is a really stupid thread.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#94SheepinatorPosted 12/8/2012 7:59:38 AM
Rome218 posted...
another developer will probably come along to get into the console gaming market.

With whose money backing them? Do you know anything about the business model of console gaming?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#95TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:06:36 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Rome218 posted...
another developer will probably come along to get into the console gaming market.

With whose money backing them? Do you know anything about the business model of console gaming?

A self financed indy dev team. They could make a game as simple as throwing colored hoops around an ostrich's neck, millions will purchase it at the low price of 1.99 and it will usher in a new era of console gaming.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925