The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that feel like a chore

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games that feel like a chore
2 years ago#1
There are some games that just aren't fun to play. They feel like a grind, and just aren't fun to play.

For me it's the Batman:Arkham series. I love Batman and I appreciate that most people enjoy the series, but I just can't get into them. I played a few hours of asylum and just didn't have much fun(i enjoyed the characters/story) but the game just felt like a grind. I figured I would enjoy City due to the open world setting but the same thing happened. The story was good, and everyone said I should see it through, but for some reason I just wasn't having any fun with it.

Are there any games that you really want to like but they just seem like work, instead of play?
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
2 years ago#2
wat?
---
Signature OFF
2 years ago#3
Darksiders. I tried playing the first one but every new area felt like a messy bedroom and each section of it needed something unique done in order to clean it. It really did feel like work.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
2 years ago#4
Any MMORPG ever.
---
WINNING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hLduV1p88
2 years ago#5
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
There are some games that just aren't fun to play. They feel like a grind, and just aren't fun to play.

For me it's the Batman:Arkham series. I love Batman and I appreciate that most people enjoy the series, but I just can't get into them. I played a few hours of asylum and just didn't have much fun(i enjoyed the characters/story) but the game just felt like a grind. I figured I would enjoy City due to the open world setting but the same thing happened. The story was good, and everyone said I should see it through, but for some reason I just wasn't having any fun with it.

Are there any games that you really want to like but they just seem like work, instead of play?

yeah I love the Arkham games but I know what you mean. I feel that way with every "sandbox" game, even ones I enjoy like RDR
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
2 years ago#6
i just started playing arkham asylum and have barely put it down, just took a break now after a few hours of play, what a magnificent game! i started on normal but switched to hard soon after, really ups the intensity.
2 years ago#7
Assassin's Creed.

I finished it, but I really had to force myself onward.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
2 years ago#8
GTA IV. And for the record, I love open world games and the GTA series overall.

But 94 missions felt like 944 after about 40 or 50. I just wanted it to end.
---
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
"RT? Ha! I point real guns at my game"- JakesTable
2 years ago#9
KtuluheroII posted...
Any MMORPG ever.

This. Well, at least for me. I know tons of people enjoy them & that's fine. It's just with the few I played...I'd play 'em for a few hours and never have the urge to come back the 2nd day.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
2 years ago#10
Bethesda games
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games that feel like a chore

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived