The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that feel like a chore

#1mrhappyguy12345Posted 12/6/2012 11:51:26 AM
There are some games that just aren't fun to play. They feel like a grind, and just aren't fun to play.

For me it's the Batman:Arkham series. I love Batman and I appreciate that most people enjoy the series, but I just can't get into them. I played a few hours of asylum and just didn't have much fun(i enjoyed the characters/story) but the game just felt like a grind. I figured I would enjoy City due to the open world setting but the same thing happened. The story was good, and everyone said I should see it through, but for some reason I just wasn't having any fun with it.

Are there any games that you really want to like but they just seem like work, instead of play?
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#2glassghost0Posted 12/6/2012 11:53:48 AM
wat?
---
Signature OFF
#3pothocketPosted 12/6/2012 11:54:27 AM
Darksiders. I tried playing the first one but every new area felt like a messy bedroom and each section of it needed something unique done in order to clean it. It really did feel like work.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4KtuluheroIIPosted 12/6/2012 11:56:12 AM
Any MMORPG ever.
---
WINNING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hLduV1p88
#5DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/6/2012 11:57:59 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
There are some games that just aren't fun to play. They feel like a grind, and just aren't fun to play.

For me it's the Batman:Arkham series. I love Batman and I appreciate that most people enjoy the series, but I just can't get into them. I played a few hours of asylum and just didn't have much fun(i enjoyed the characters/story) but the game just felt like a grind. I figured I would enjoy City due to the open world setting but the same thing happened. The story was good, and everyone said I should see it through, but for some reason I just wasn't having any fun with it.

Are there any games that you really want to like but they just seem like work, instead of play?

yeah I love the Arkham games but I know what you mean. I feel that way with every "sandbox" game, even ones I enjoy like RDR
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#6builder111Posted 12/6/2012 12:00:02 PM
i just started playing arkham asylum and have barely put it down, just took a break now after a few hours of play, what a magnificent game! i started on normal but switched to hard soon after, really ups the intensity.
#7nothingbeastPosted 12/6/2012 12:10:10 PM
Assassin's Creed.

I finished it, but I really had to force myself onward.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#8CaIiber345Posted 12/6/2012 12:11:59 PM
GTA IV. And for the record, I love open world games and the GTA series overall.

But 94 missions felt like 944 after about 40 or 50. I just wanted it to end.
---
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
"RT? Ha! I point real guns at my game"- JakesTable
#9DakhanavarXPosted 12/6/2012 12:17:08 PM
KtuluheroII posted...
Any MMORPG ever.

This. Well, at least for me. I know tons of people enjoy them & that's fine. It's just with the few I played...I'd play 'em for a few hours and never have the urge to come back the 2nd day.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#10ZacTBPosted 12/6/2012 12:19:10 PM
Bethesda games