The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that feel like a chore

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games that feel like a chore

User Info: mrhappyguy12345

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#1
There are some games that just aren't fun to play. They feel like a grind, and just aren't fun to play.

For me it's the Batman:Arkham series. I love Batman and I appreciate that most people enjoy the series, but I just can't get into them. I played a few hours of asylum and just didn't have much fun(i enjoyed the characters/story) but the game just felt like a grind. I figured I would enjoy City due to the open world setting but the same thing happened. The story was good, and everyone said I should see it through, but for some reason I just wasn't having any fun with it.

Are there any games that you really want to like but they just seem like work, instead of play?
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
4 years ago#2
wat?
Signature OFF

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
4 years ago#3
Darksiders. I tried playing the first one but every new area felt like a messy bedroom and each section of it needed something unique done in order to clean it. It really did feel like work.
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: KtuluheroII

KtuluheroII
4 years ago#4
Any MMORPG ever.
WINNING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hLduV1p88

User Info: DXiRoNMaN

DXiRoNMaN
4 years ago#5
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
There are some games that just aren't fun to play. They feel like a grind, and just aren't fun to play.

For me it's the Batman:Arkham series. I love Batman and I appreciate that most people enjoy the series, but I just can't get into them. I played a few hours of asylum and just didn't have much fun(i enjoyed the characters/story) but the game just felt like a grind. I figured I would enjoy City due to the open world setting but the same thing happened. The story was good, and everyone said I should see it through, but for some reason I just wasn't having any fun with it.

Are there any games that you really want to like but they just seem like work, instead of play?

yeah I love the Arkham games but I know what you mean. I feel that way with every "sandbox" game, even ones I enjoy like RDR
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron

User Info: builder111

builder111
4 years ago#6
i just started playing arkham asylum and have barely put it down, just took a break now after a few hours of play, what a magnificent game! i started on normal but switched to hard soon after, really ups the intensity.

User Info: nothingbeast

nothingbeast
4 years ago#7
Assassin's Creed.

I finished it, but I really had to force myself onward.
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
4 years ago#8
GTA IV. And for the record, I love open world games and the GTA series overall.

But 94 missions felt like 944 after about 40 or 50. I just wanted it to end.
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
"RT? Ha! I point real guns at my game"- JakesTable

User Info: DakhanavarX

DakhanavarX
4 years ago#9
KtuluheroII posted...
Any MMORPG ever.

This. Well, at least for me. I know tons of people enjoy them & that's fine. It's just with the few I played...I'd play 'em for a few hours and never have the urge to come back the 2nd day.
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library

User Info: ZacTB

ZacTB
4 years ago#10
Bethesda games
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games that feel like a chore

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived