This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that feel like a chore

#101beautifuldreamsPosted 12/7/2012 12:56:28 AM
Darksiders, RDR, Ass Creed 1
I tried them all for ~5 hours and quit
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#102WillybwildPosted 12/7/2012 1:24:45 AM
Any MMO. You really need to have a small, core group of friends that you play with to get much enjoyment out of them. On the other hand, if you have too many friends ( huge guilds I'm looking at you) then it becomes a second job; scheduling raid times and putting in work so some other dude can get his gear while you get jack isn't fun -_-.

I have been playing RDR and loved it! Although, I did take a month-long hiatus after the first couple Mexico missions. I guess my subconscious knew the game was taking a turn towards Suckville. I've been wanting to go back and finish, but after reading this thread I might not... lol.

I can't stand AC. Everything is SO redundant: Go to the next city, climb perches, save a citizen from a jerk of a guard, pickpocket this guy, finally assassinate this guy. Go to next city, climb perches, stick fork in your jugular, bleed out on your game controller...

MOBA games piss me off. New patch? Better re-learn how to play and gear all 150 champions.... Oh this guy is good now? Oh, this guy sucks now? But he cost so many points... Oh these items suck now? They were good yesterday.... On what team is this champ good for? Should I buy this champion? When should I buy that item? When does the fun start? Never? Okay...
#103mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 7:09:21 AM
Getting to level 50 in halo 4 right now is kind of a chore. I want a darn specialization! I've been playing when I can since launch and I'm on 43. It's a grind right now, bc I've played a handful of the same.maps(regardless of gametype) countless times, and its starting to wear me down. Halo combat fatigue anyone?
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#104JiZjAzPosted 12/7/2012 8:58:21 AM
I don't get it? If it feels like a chore don't play it, if you put it down and pick it up when you are bored you will probably love it.

It all depends on your mood with gaming that is why I have like 3/4 games at a time I play, I've only beaten AE mode on WWE'13 but I know i'm going to love creation, Universe and online but I just don't want to play them at the moment as I want to smash BLOPS2 so I will come back to WWE'13 when I feel like it

If it feels like a chore don't ruin the experience play something else and come back to these games.
---
[I broke the dam at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#105devlkorePosted 12/7/2012 9:02:43 AM
Parts of Darksiders 2, currently stuck as the fight I'm at feels like a chore.
'Drive people here' missions in Sleeping Dogs.
Rodin in Bayonetta (plus the non-standard levels and sections).
Tutorial in Driver (really ****ing hard, unskippable and harder than the actual game that follows).
SNK Bosses.
Dynasty Warriors games when trying to unlock/upgrade/find ANYTHING.
Halo 1 when it turns into copy/pasted corridors.
---
Gamertag: Mad Mistress
[AH3:Weiss(kinda, I'm still new)] [BBCS:Robo-Friends] [MVC3:Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel] [WFC:Scout/Scientist] [SF4:LOL]
#106_OujiDoza_Posted 12/7/2012 9:06:10 AM
JiZjAz posted...
I don't get it? If it feels like a chore don't play it, if you put it down and pick it up when you are bored you will probably love it.

We aren't all the same, some people buy games expecting to like them from start to finish, not to have to put down and only play when they're bored...if that's the only way you can play a game, then it won't even matter if you put it down for a bit, a chore is a chore no matter how long you leave it alone.
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1
#107Sexy_MagikarpPosted 12/7/2012 9:07:53 AM
Runescape

Anyone who's played it extensively knows
---
Skullgirls: Filia/Valentine, TTT2: Alisa/Dragunov GGaC: Millia
GT: Godkarp
#108mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 9:28:47 AM
JiZjAz posted...

It all depends on your mood with gaming that is why I have like 3/4 games at a time I play, I've only beaten AE mode on WWE'13 but I know i'm going to love creation, Universe and online but I just don't want to play them at the moment as I want to smash BLOPS2 so I will come back to WWE'13 when I feel like it

If it feels like a chore don't ruin the experience play something else and come back to these games.

If you read my first post, I stopped played the Batman games. As for halo, I feel like the reward could be worth grind, so I keep playing.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#109ZacTBPosted 12/7/2012 9:33:29 AM
pothocket posted...
ZacTB posted...
Bethesda games

You...you picked a developer that has a design philosophy based on the player doing whatever they want and not being forced into doing anything they don't want to.

Yes I did. Any of the missions feel boring for me, Skyrim was just about bearable when played every now and again. Fallout 3 and Oblivion are not. Having to go through repetitive missions through glitches and bugs with a lackluster story and uninteresting characters feels like a chore to me. I think Bethesda is overrated.
#110ZacTBPosted 12/7/2012 9:39:46 AM
Also I think other games that felt like a chore were L.A. Noire (the Vice and Arson desks)
Max Payne 3, Fable 2, Dead Rising 1, Half Life 2, Assassin's Creed 1 and Revelations.