This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that feel like a chore

#21KOTRwhoopsPosted 12/6/2012 2:35:14 PM
KtuluheroII posted...
Any MMORPG ever.

Is true, bought my first gaming PC 2 months ago and bought Guild Wars 2, I have to say the gameplay is some of the most boring I've encountered in recent years.

On the 360 Kingdoms Of Amular comes to mind, actually that plays like an MMORPG, which is probably why it bored me within the first 10 hours. Really not my idea of fun.
---
PLAYING - Far Cry 3 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#22nintendogamer13Posted 12/6/2012 2:39:33 PM
art_of_the_kill posted...
Dragon Age: Origins.

Getting through the Fade and the Deep Roads were some of the least pleasant gaming experiences I've ever had.

ugh...the fade single handedly took a game that could have been a 9 and took it down to a 7, for me.
#23hak145Posted 12/6/2012 3:21:34 PM
Red Dead Redemption. Such a boring game with boring dialogue.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#24natevinesPosted 12/6/2012 3:24:33 PM
hak145 posted...
Red Dead Redemption. Such a boring game with boring dialogue.

While I can't agree that the game is boring overall (nor the dialogue, but I don't remember it being remarkable either), there certainly are a lot of parts that feel 'chore-ish'. I wonder how many hours of playtime I spent riding on horseback (not fun after the first few times) or picking flowers.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#25TheMisfitPosted 12/6/2012 3:50:40 PM
Dishonored. Great game overall...but it just feels like work instead of entertainment.
---
GameFAQs user & enthusiast for over 10 years.
#26PantherRiderPosted 12/6/2012 3:56:56 PM
For me fallout 3, i just got sooo depressed with the nuclear wastefield... i just wanted it to end and that was from my cheevo run era, and i beat mass effect 1 in a week in that time (after going for the acheviements in that game it began to feel like a chore and it burnt me out on gaming for about 7 months, seriously i didn't play my 360 unless it was to watch a movie, in that time)
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**
#27mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 4:06:50 PM
PantherRider posted...
For me fallout 3, i just got sooo depressed with the nuclear wastefield... i just wanted it to end and that was from my cheevo run era, and i beat mass effect 1 in a week in that time (after going for the acheviements in that game it began to feel like a chore and it burnt me out on gaming for about 7 months, seriously i didn't play my 360 unless it was to watch a movie, in that time)

Same here with fo3. I love bethesda games, but I started to get kind of depressed after about 20+ hours. It really put me in a funk. I ended up trading it in to (gasp!) Gamestop.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#28SixStringHeroPosted 12/6/2012 4:34:21 PM
art_of_the_kill posted...
Dragon Age: Origins.

Getting through the Fade and the Deep Roads were some of the least pleasant gaming experiences I've ever had.

I found Dragon Age Origins kind of a grind to get through.

The Fade alone quelled my interest in not attempting subsequent plays.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#29aDominationPosted 12/6/2012 4:36:29 PM
Any game the forces you to farm or grind to beat whatever is in the next area.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.
#30Storm_WalkerPosted 12/6/2012 4:48:27 PM
pothocket posted...
ZacTB posted...
Bethesda games

You...you picked a developer that has a design philosophy based on the player doing whatever they want and not being forced into doing anything they don't want to.

Eh, some people like to keep things simple and be told what to do.
---
"I'm feelin' peachy keen, so f%@& you, and thanks for asking ^/.^"