This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that feel like a chore

#41OrgeLambartPosted 12/6/2012 5:34:16 PM
Game of Thrones literally like a 20 minute open scene which was pretty boring, then the combat is every worst. Combat is set up kinda like one of those action RPG's from the late 70's.

by the time you get to actually do anything, it's like, wow this sucks.
#42JenniferTatePosted 12/6/2012 5:38:04 PM
Dota 2. I find it fun once I understood it and learned, but even more than any MMO raids I've ever done the past decade, no game makes me feel like I'm being bossed around and a useless jackhole while simultaneously supposed to an automated instant champion at life than Dota2.

It's not even the game, it's the community.
---
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders
#43tgoldbergPosted 12/6/2012 5:40:00 PM
el_pajolero posted...
Jrpgs. I absolutely loathe grinding, which most of these games require in order to progress the story.

This. It seems like most JRPG developers simply can't fathom the idea that not everyone wants to waste hours whacking away at goons just to have a chance at making progress.
---
Your favorite game will always be underrated.
Their favorite game will always be overrated.
#44afrodude77Posted 12/6/2012 5:42:14 PM
Gta 4
---
We are the Lin Kuei, more stealthy than the night, more deadly than the dawn!
---
#45CaIiber345Posted 12/6/2012 5:43:23 PM
RDR is one of my favorite games this gen. But yeah, picking flowers made me want to get dragged around tied to a horse.

And while I liked the first and third acts, the second act in Mexico was a slog.
---
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
"RT? Ha! I point real guns at my game"- JakesTable
#46blankempathyPosted 12/6/2012 5:52:13 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
RDR is one of my favorite games this gen. But yeah, picking flowers made me want to get dragged around tied to a horse.

And while I liked the first and third acts, the second act in Mexico was a slog.

I loved rdr but having to "learn the ropes" by catching horses etc which were basically tutorial missions were a bore. You also get to do them again near the end of game which I won't go into for obvious reasons and I know why they did it but still it felt boring then too. That goes for all games though. Tutorial missions in games are incredibly tedious.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#47Walkman_005Posted 12/6/2012 5:58:51 PM
Max Payne 3.

Cover based shooting has never been so tedious.
#48CyhortI82Posted 12/6/2012 6:23:35 PM
KtuluheroII posted...
Any MMORPG ever.

This, dear GOD this. There's no point to MMO's. All you do is grind quests and enemies to level up your character so you can get to the max level and go on repetitive raids over and over again to try and get high level "loot". The only MMO that ever gave me a reason to play past the first 15 levels was The Old Republic because it actually remembered the "RPG" part of MMORPG and put effort into the story and making you feel like what you're doing in the game actually matters.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#49SoratamiPosted 12/6/2012 6:38:59 PM
tgoldberg posted...
el_pajolero posted...
Jrpgs. I absolutely loathe grinding, which most of these games require in order to progress the story.

This. It seems like most JRPG developers simply can't fathom the idea that not everyone wants to waste hours whacking away at goons just to have a chance at making progress.

I don't get that coment at all. Would JRPGs be better if you only had to fight like 20 times throughout the whole game? The battle system is usually one of the most important parts of the game. It's a bit like saying FPS would be much better if you didn't have to spend so much time shooting at things.

I've never felt like you have to actively grind anyway, as in go back to areas and power level for bosses. That would be annoying, but JRPGs these days (or even last gen) don't really do that, with a few exceptions.
---
PSN: ilikethispart
#50Just_The_TipPosted 12/6/2012 6:42:15 PM
pothocket posted...
Darksiders. I tried playing the first one but every new area felt like a messy bedroom and each section of it needed something unique done in order to clean it. It really did feel like work.

I have to agree with you. Though, some of those messy sections were quite fun.
---
Bernard, don't be a tuna head