This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that feel like a chore

#71ValedictorianXDPosted 12/6/2012 9:08:27 PM
Storm_Walker posted...
pothocket posted...
ZacTB posted...
Bethesda games

You...you picked a developer that has a design philosophy based on the player doing whatever they want and not being forced into doing anything they don't want to.

Eh, some people like to keep things simple and be told what to do.

Or...more likely, some people don't like games without substance. Bethesda hasn't developed or published a decent game since Morrowind.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#72SunDevil77Posted 12/6/2012 9:09:45 PM
ValedictorianXD posted...
Storm_Walker posted...
pothocket posted...
ZacTB posted...
Bethesda games

You...you picked a developer that has a design philosophy based on the player doing whatever they want and not being forced into doing anything they don't want to.

Eh, some people like to keep things simple and be told what to do.

Or...more likely, some people don't like games without substance. Bethesda hasn't developed or published a decent game since Morrowind.

Fallout 3/New Vegas.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#73SlimeSwayzePosted 12/6/2012 9:12:27 PM
The side quests in the original Mass Effect, and pretty much anything you had to do in the Mako, were about as much fun as cleaning my bathroom.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#74PeterJK_471Posted 12/6/2012 9:29:20 PM
Dead Island.
---
GT: PeterJK258
PSN:DarkyForLife471
#75Bob_EsrockPosted 12/6/2012 9:33:41 PM
Dark Souls.
Mexico section of Red Dead Redemption.
Water temples in Zelda games.

There are others, but those are the main ones that make me hange my head and go 'lets get this over with...'.
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?
#76SqawksPosted 12/6/2012 9:37:29 PM
Viva Pinata.
---
The official Howard the Duck of the MvC3 board!
#77Jumpman_8891Posted 12/6/2012 9:38:33 PM
Borderlands 2 right now. It's a solid game (technically and mechanically) for sure, but it seems like an empty experience in a lot of ways. That and large portions of the game feel like a Sunday errand checklist you have to get out of the way.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#78NewavePosted 12/6/2012 9:45:04 PM
Racing games.

Starting a game with slow ugly cars and short boring tracks when all you bought the game for are the fast cool cars and long challenging tracks suck, and in these days when simple cheat codes that unlock everything are rare to non-existent it's a deal breaker for buying the game at all.

I love racing games, but this generation of racing games has been nothing but a chore without a payoff that made all that work worth it.

I hope the next generation will bring back cheat codes or at the very least have everything unlocked as default.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#79drafterowarPosted 12/6/2012 10:23:13 PM
****ing Farm Simulator 2013 for sure.
---
"Are you AC or.....DC?"
#80Perfect LightPosted 12/6/2012 10:52:46 PM
Far Cry 2. Decent concept, but it was a boring chore to play.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new