This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that feel like a chore

#91HIroChuPosted 12/6/2012 10:59:27 PM
nothingbeast posted...
Assassin's Creed.

I finished it, but I really had to force myself onward.

This. And after I finished it (Assassins creed 2), I didn't really like it... I thought I would, but it just felt like the whole game was doing quests. I guess the game was OK
---
"Guess who uses bras as butt cheek holders?"
#92BladeZephonPosted 12/6/2012 11:00:16 PM
Darksiders 2
#93BlackWizardMagusPosted 12/6/2012 11:03:50 PM
el_pajolero posted...
Jrpgs. I absolutely loathe grinding, which most of these games require in order to progress the story.

Huh. Honest question; have you played any in 15 years? Because I haven't needed to grind since the PSX days in a JRPG.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#94Dagoth_WitPosted 12/6/2012 11:15:45 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
Dota 2. I find it fun once I understood it and learned, but even more than any MMO raids I've ever done the past decade, no game makes me feel like I'm being bossed around and a useless jackhole while simultaneously supposed to an automated instant champion at life than Dota2.

It's not even the game, it's the community.

Welcome to MOBA games. It's one of the reasons I abandoned PvP games in League of Legends. Nothing more frustrating than someone asking you why you died in a whiny voice.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#95kungfuj0Posted 12/6/2012 11:42:10 PM
Bioshock 1 felt like this to me. I loved its environment, but hated its story, and its gameplay felt like work to me. I just didn't like it, other than that environment.

I will also say Skyrim here, but not in the same way as Bioshock. Skyrim started to feel like a grind to me, but it was only after I had put 100+ hours into it. I would think ANYTHING would feel like a grind after that kind of time is put into it, so I don't really blame the game for it. I did eventually just quit playing it though because of that. I never even finished the main story, and I haven't gotten any of the dlc.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#96ultimatedorkboyPosted 12/6/2012 11:46:56 PM
I don't know if anyone has said this but I say Zynga games like Farmville and Mafia Wars.

I played Mafia Wars for less than a year before I realized how tedious and repetitive the game was. I gave up on the game and haven't looked back. Thank God I gave up playing Mafia Wars. That game was a freaking chore!
---
"You can talk to the wall for all I care."
"I would respect your opinion.... if I cared about it."
#97BigTlovesBEERPosted 12/6/2012 11:58:14 PM
hate to say it... but Halo 4 right now.

Just... these glowy goddamned creatures I gotta keep fighting. They're not a fun challenge they're just annoying. I'm playing the game on hard (the second hardest difficulty whatever that is, not legendary the one under it)

Its the first Halo game... ever really... that I didn't finish before i jumped into multiplayer.
#98Banana_ManaPosted 12/7/2012 12:29:01 AM
GTAIV.

I really don't get all the love for this game. Sure the city looks great, and driving around listening to music can be fun...

BUT,

The controls are terrible, especially in combat.
There is little to do in the city except drive.
What there is to do is boring.
The missions are the same as all GTA missions ever.
The characters are all so one dimensional it causes my head to hurt.
Compared to older GTAs very little can be bought / upgraded.
The characters, again, are all stereotypical cardboard cut outs.

Sorry, I know many of you enjoy this game. I loved the older GTAs (esp. 3 and Vice) but cannot get into this one. I have tried 3 or 4 times, and just can't hack it.

The city is lovely, and if I fancied a drive around a nice, lively city I would be happy to play it, although I drive around Belfast (which is a nice, lively city when it's not being blown up all over the place) EVERY DAY.

Mini games / mobile phone / idiotic characters / stupid controls = this game is a chore.

(For me)

:)

*Flame shield activated.
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#99Solid_Snake124Posted 12/7/2012 12:39:55 AM
I heavily agree with you TC.
---
Where there's life there's hope.
#100jastenPosted 12/7/2012 12:45:26 AM(edited)
The Half Life games... find them boring and the tasks tedious more than fun.

RDR single player... it took me two years to fully beat it. Mexico is one of the worst segments I've forced myself through.

Demon Souls.... how people find dying and dying and dying and. o yeah... more dying!... fun is beyond me. There was hardly any story to entice pushing through the grind and the gameplay wasn't fluid enough to play through because it was simply fun.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts