This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It always impresses me how well MS exclusives sell

#1zerooo0Posted 12/6/2012 6:38:31 PM(edited)
Gears 3 out sold any company exclusive last year
Halo 4 Selling tons right now
The Witcher 2 helped CDPR a ton for those Pirated copies
Minecraft sold a TON
Forza 4/Horizon while the weakest sellers out of the bunch, most of the time have a dedicated following that will buy them.
Trials Evolution sold well.
Other exclusives from the past that sells like hotcakes.

MS I can't wait to see how ya do with Next gen, where most of us know ya got a lot more new exclusives waiting. I hope MS does well next gen.

Edit: To anyone thinks this is a "Fanboy"/"Reassurance Topic" it is not. I'm just congratulating MS for letting us play these games, and stating that The Whitcher 2 did get Pirated A LOT of times, and going Multiplat helped them out.

So again sorry if this sounds like a Fanboy post.

---
Trolls=The intelligence of Cane Toads
#2art_of_the_killPosted 12/6/2012 5:31:47 PM
....and Alan Wake......oh, nevermind.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#3HENTAIDOJIPosted 12/6/2012 5:33:50 PM
I guess they figured if you're going to invest 20 million into a game, it better make $200-300 million back.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#4blankempathyPosted 12/6/2012 5:34:57 PM
zerooo0 posted...
The Whitcher 2 helped CDPR a ton for those Pirated copies
Minecraft sold a TON

SMH
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:40:20 PM
blankempathy posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Minecraft sold a TON

SMH

Yes they are a CONSOLE exclusive, but they're also on PC. PC is much more than just a gaming console so we can compare what's exclusive to PS3=PC, or Xbox=PC. Since PC are in competition with a different set of developers.
---
#6blankempathyPosted 12/6/2012 5:48:50 PM
zerooo0 posted...
blankempathy posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Minecraft sold a TON

SMH

Yes they are a CONSOLE exclusive, but they're also on PC. PC is much more than just a gaming console so we can compare what's exclusive to PS3=PC, or Xbox=PC. Since PC are in competition with a different set of developers.

Your original post reads like a fanboy post but also you have to throw in a jab at pc gamers by alluding to piracy because of course all pc gamers are pirates. Not to mention the game is also out for Mac's. Microsoft exclusives, console exclusives. They're just terms made to manipulate the truth that these games are out on other platforms besides the one people are trying to represent.
---
#7zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:54:09 PM(edited)
blankempathy posted...
zerooo0 posted...
blankempathy posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Minecraft sold a TON

SMH

Your original post reads like a fanboy post but also you have to throw in a jab at pc gamers by alluding to piracy because of course all pc gamers are pirates. Not to mention the game is also out for Mac's. Microsoft exclusives, console exclusives. They're just terms made to manipulate the truth that these games are out on other platforms besides the one people are trying to represent.

It does, and I'm sorry for that. I'm honestly not a fanboy to any developer. I just meant that The Whitcher 2 got Pirated I think 4mill times. So I'm glad that they brought it over so it can help CDPR out. Since they deserve every copy sold.(I could be wrong on that number, but it was on up their)

But I like all companies, and I'm even gonna join the PC gaming community soon when I get a better Laptop.(Asus G55VW)
---
#8blankempathyPosted 12/6/2012 5:55:27 PM
zerooo0 posted...
blankempathy posted...
zerooo0 posted...
blankempathy posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Minecraft sold a TON

SMH

It does, and I'm sorry for that. I'm honestly not a fanboy to any developer. I just meant that The Whitcher 2 got Pirated I think 4mill times.(I could be wrong on that number, but it was on up their)

But I like all companies, and I'm even gonna join the PC gaming community soon when I get a better Laptop.(Asus G55VW)

Its fine I just really hate the term microsoft exclusive, it bugs me lol. I know it did get pirated a lot but considering the hype it had I'm sure there were a lot of people who weren't primarily pc gamers trying to pirate it and play it (I say tried because it was a demanding game and I'm sure people unsure if they could even run it didn't want to spend money on it). Asus is a good brand, I had an earlier version of that model. Make sure you get a laptop cooling pad, they get kinda hot.
---
#9zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 6:00:45 PM
Sure will, thanks for the advice.

People who pirate games just disgusts me. So I have no sympathy to what happens to them.(Yes I know consoles get pirated just as often, as PC's do)

I just dislike anybody who pirates games.
---
#10Luthor_Posted 12/6/2012 6:08:35 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Yes I know consoles get pirated just as often, as PC's do

Not even close.
---
Dante Stormblade